I have a VZW Curve 8530 that with the $45 BES data plan. We recently wiped my phone and activated it on our firm's BESX server (previously activated on BPS server). I understand that BESX will support both BES plans and BIS plans. My question is whether anyone has "downgraded" from a BES plan to a BIS plan after having done enterprise activation on the BESX server? Does any one know if I will have to wipe and re-activate if I decide to downgrade my data plan? Will I lose any functionality?

Thanks.
    03-12-10 07:18 AM
    If you want to continue to take advantage of the BES functionality you will need to keep the BES plan on your account.
    03-12-10 08:01 AM
    I know Bell up here in Canada has a new plan for BESX, baically it will save you $10 off the BES plan if you use BESX. Not sure if Verizon or anyone else has this type of plan.
    03-12-10 09:28 AM
    If you want to continue to take advantage of the BES functionality you will need to keep the BES plan on your account.
    Do you know what particular BES functionality I would lose by downgrading to the BIS plan? Surely I wouldn't lose e-mail, contact and calendar sync with our BESX server and Exchange server?
    03-12-10 03:03 PM
    Do you know what particular BES functionality I would lose by downgrading to the BIS plan? Surely I wouldn't lose e-mail, contact and calendar sync with our BESX server and Exchange server?
    Good question. I am about to go through the same thing.
    03-13-10 09:17 PM
    I downgraded from the enterprise data plan to BIS after I used enterprise activation to connect to my BESX. The only difference that I noticed is that Enterprise Activation disappeared from the Advanced options menu. For the two weeks I have been using BESX I get email just as fast as when I was using BPS (instantly).

I have a Tour running OS 5 with Verizon. I just logged into VerizonWireless.com and changed my data plan from enterprise to BIS.
    03-14-10 03:44 PM
    Just reading the front page on CrackBerry and it looks like BigRed is going to make you get a bes plan for BESX.

Verizon Customers Forced To Update Data Plans (from BIS to BES) For BESX Usage | CrackBerry.com
    03-15-10 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD