Wife works for major bank and her UEM apps on iPhone stopped working due to lack of use/time/I don't know.
    She reactivated Blackberry BYOD at her work and was sent a new QR code.
    In the interim, since apps appeared to crash when opened, I uninstalled all 4 (UEM, Work, Access, and Connect)
    including data. Message box said that any iCloud data would NOT be deleted (important for later).
    I power-cycled her Iphone 11 and reinstalled UEM from Apple AppStore.
    It should be good to go to use new QR code and reinstall apps.
    But no...... when you open UEM you get this crap below
    Error message box: "Directory" is No Longer Available

This almost bricks the phone. You click OK, it comes right back.
    You cannot exit UEM app. With fast fingers, you can get phone to shutdown after a few tries.

The person who wrote this code should be fired. Although there are no iCloud settings for UEM, I am wondering if
    they have stupidly put some stale files there that are now causing this problem.
    Google is naive to the error message above.
    Blackberry Enterprise support is byzantine.
    Frankly I would never use any company that actually employed Blackberry software given this lack of quality.
    Total waste of my time today....
    Attached Thumbnails does UEM secretly use iCloud?-img_6506.jpg  
    05-11-21 05:43 PM
    Wife works for major bank and her UEM apps on iPhone stopped working due to lack of use/time/I don't know.
    She reactivated Blackberry BYOD at her work and was sent a new QR code.
    In the interim, since apps appeared to crash when opened, I uninstalled all 4 (UEM, Work, Access, and Connect)
    including data. Message box said that any iCloud data would NOT be deleted (important for later).
    I power-cycled her Iphone 11 and reinstalled UEM from Apple AppStore.
    It should be good to go to use new QR code and reinstall apps.
    But no...... when you open UEM you get this crap below
    Error message box: "Directory" is No Longer Available

This almost bricks the phone. You click OK, it comes right back.
    You cannot exit UEM app. With fast fingers, you can get phone to shutdown after a few tries.

The person who wrote this code should be fired. Although there are no iCloud settings for UEM, I am wondering if
    they have stupidly put some stale files there that are now causing this problem.
    Google is naive to the error message above.
    Blackberry Enterprise support is byzantine.
    Frankly I would never use any company that actually employed Blackberry software given this lack of quality.
    Total waste of my time today....
    You're trying to do things that can only be done server-side by the company's UEM admins.

They should be able to deal with this quickly.
    Last edited by conite; 05-11-21 at 11:03 PM.
    05-11-21 10:41 PM
    You're trying to do things that can only be done server-side by the company's UEM IT people.

They should be able to deal with this quickly.
    The starting point for this futile exercise was an iPhone 11 (iOS 13.3) that previously had working UEM and apps, but now when you opened UEM it immediately displayed a white screen and crashed/closed. The BYOD instructions from her employer clearly state that THE END-USER can remove the Blackberry apps, but you will need a new QR code (in hand and tested with another iPad) to re-authenticate.

The take-home message here is that an iPhone where supposedly all Blackberry apps were removed (including data) and then reinstalled, the END USER can not even get to the first screen to accept the license because a cryptic, undocumented error message box hoses the phone..... I can't imagine how this is a feature rather than a bug...
    05-11-21 11:07 PM
    furthermore, after UEM is uninstalled from iphone and freshly reinstalled from Apple AppStore, I put the phone in airplane mode before opening UEM. The first time you open a freshly installed UEM, you should get this 'license accept' type screen (that's what I got on an iPad earlier today). UEM doesn't even get to this point before issuing the 'Directory' is No Longer Available error message. I'm betting there's an iCloud cached config file that should not be there and uninstalling UEM doesn't get rid of....
    I'm not willing to factory reset the phone at this point given that it takes days to resync photos and apps from iCloud.
    05-11-21 11:47 PM
    furthermore, after UEM is uninstalled from iphone and freshly reinstalled from Apple AppStore, I put the phone in airplane mode before opening UEM. The first time you open a freshly installed UEM, you should get this 'license accept' type screen (that's what I got on an iPad earlier today). UEM doesn't even get to this point before issuing the 'Directory' is No Longer Available error message. I'm betting there's an iCloud cached config file that should not be there and uninstalling UEM doesn't get rid of....
    I'm not willing to factory reset the phone at this point given that it takes days to resync photos and apps from iCloud.
    It's a common story when using BlackBerry's enterprise products.... one reason I doubted their chances in that market. In theory they have some great sounding products, but when it comes down to it.... their complicated and finnicky to use. Which is why there aren't many BlackBerry UEM administrators here anymore to help you.

In the end she may have to contact IT and see if they can work out you .

But it shouldn't take days to resync photos and apps from iCloud.... My wife's was done in about an hour, might have worked a little longer on fully syncing images. But not too much longer.
    05-12-21 07:22 AM