I know this is kind of difficult to troubleshoot without many details but i was hoping someone could give me some pointers:

i have a user whose name is Alex Joe Smith and in active directory he's listed as:

First name: Alex
    last name: Smith
    display name: joe Smith
    email: [email protected]
    sip: [email protected]
    exchange 2007

when the user sends emails using outlook the recipient sees the email came from Joe Smith but when Joe send emails from his blackberry users see his email as Alex Smith, we chaged the sip to reflech the joe.smith email address but im not sure if this would make any difference.

I'm not a BES admin, and i have limited visibility, but can anyone give me any ideas of why the blackberry would keep sending emails using the name Alex Smith? i've looked thru the users profile on the BES and see no mention of the name Alex, his display name is Joe Smith and thats how i find him. I havent wiped the device because my manager is trying to avoid this but i might have to convince him soon.

Any advise is appreciate it, i hope this is not too confusing.

Thank you
    12-06-10 09:22 PM
    Is the users Exchange mailbox store name Joe smith or Alex Smith? If it is Alex smith, that could be the problem. Outlook may be using the AD display name and the Blackberry is using the Exchange mailbox information added when the mailbox was created. check Exchange and the GAL. Also check the users Outlook account settings. It may be using Joe Smith because that is how it is set in the account settings. Eithr way have Exchange reflect what you want to happen on the Blackberry.
    Last edited by saukrateaz; 01-04-11 at 02:46 PM.
    01-04-11 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD