Folks:

Not a BES question, but Exchange related. Thought I'd have a better chance of tapping into MS Exchange expertise in this forum.

Have got two Curves working perfectly in an Exchange 2000 environment using only the Desktop manager/redirector software and RIM's BIS service. Only problem is that the default email addresses that get sent over to the Blackberry's address book for the 2 two users are not correct. This shows up when you try to compose a new message and select one of the two user's email addresses. All other contacts are ok, it's only the two user's on my Exchange box that are being affected.

After hunting down the cause, I have determined that the desktop redirector software is getting one of the alias's I've setup in the Server's Exchange/Email addresses area. I normally setup a few variations of a person's name in case someone spells a last name incorrectly - to avoid the email getting bounced back.

Oddly, in the Outlook contacts section, I only ever see the default email set in Exchange and not any of the alias's I've setup on the server. I have even tried to add other emails to the user's Outlook contact section (i.e. email 2), but after the next synch, the desktop redirector software changes the email back to the first alias in the Exchange email alias list.

As a work around, I have found if I delete all of the server's Exchange alias's for the users, and leave them with only a single default SMTP email address, everything works ok. But, this isn't what I want because in addition to alias's, I have more than one domain being serviced by the Exchange server and as I add other Blackberrys this issue will continue and I won't be able to keep deleting all alias's for all users.

Anyways, hope this issue is similar to issues in the Exchange / BES work and that there's a practice or option I can use in my Exchange / BIS environment.

Thanks,

W.
    08-21-08 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD