I've noticed something interesting with my BlackBerry 8830 World Edition and BlackBerry Enterprise Server. We've got BES running on a dedicated server with Exchange 2007, and it reconciles messages in my Inbox just fine--unless I delete a message from Outlook and then empty my deleted items before the device has a chance to reconcile again. If that happens, then the item(s) I deleted still show up in my handheld's message list and I have to delete them from the device separately.

Has anybody else experienced an issue like this when using BES? Thanks!
    08-22-07 10:21 AM
    I am moving your thread to the Berry Professionals forum. You might have better luck there since that is where the admins hang out.

I'll leave an extended redirect in this forum so you essentially get a 2 forums in one. Hope you get an answer.
    08-22-07 10:24 AM
    I think I have a fix for this as I was just wrestling with it all morning, there were two important settings to make sure they were checked.

On the phone you need to go into - message >options>email reconciliation>
    Then change delete on to Mailbox & Handheld

That was the easy part that is listed everywhere...

Somehow being the admin for our new BES server I started looking at the settings there and found this little gem:

Under server configuration go to the messaging section and about the 7th option down was "Hard Deletes Reconciliation" - change that to true, reboot the server and bam, problem solved.

Hope that helps anyone with this issue.
    10-12-07 11:54 AM
    I've got the same issue and have checked that the phone and server have the correct settings.

Handheld - Mailbox & Handheld with Mailbox Wins
    Server - True for Hard Deletes Reconciliation.

Another symptom is that if I delete an unread email from the mailbox it still shows up unread and present on the handheld. My phone currently has 74 unread emails - my outlook mailbox has 0.
    11-22-07 03:19 AM
    Do you have the same Exchange SP installed on your BES as you do on your Exchange Server? There is a cdo.dll and another that need to be the same version. We had some reconcile issues and that's what RIM had us start with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-07 01:14 PM
    Yes indeed. The BES software is running on the Exchange Server. At the moment I'm only supporting two users - myself and the MD.
    11-23-07 02:51 AM
    What version of BES are you running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-07 01:49 PM
    We're running 4.1.4.15 at the moment.
    11-27-07 03:22 AM
    Has anyone fixed this? I have the same issue.

Thanks,

Rich
    03-13-08 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD