We have an enterprise server here, and I have a user with what I consider an odd problem.

This user only does a wireless sync. When he creates a new contact on his desktop, the contact will sync to his BB within a few minutes. If he creates the contact on his BB, it never syncs to the desktop. His user account on BES is set for Bidirectional Syncronization, Server wins. I tried disable/enable the wireless sync, and that did not correct the issue.

We're running Exchange 2003, BES 4.0.7.16, and the mail client is Outlook 2003. The user has a newer Pearl from T-Mobile (this one has the SD card slot accessible from outside the unit)
    06-25-08 10:54 AM
    Have you tried wiping the BB and then reactiving it? Couple things you can try below:

1. Corrupt service book entry
    2. Miss-matched mapi DLL's on the server

To fix #1, you may want to perform a good old service book trick.
    You will need delete and *immediately* undelete the following service books on the device:
    1. Desktop [SYNC] - it may be called something other than "Desktop" in your case.
    2. Desktop [OTASL]

Please note: it is important that you "undelete" immediately after deleting it.
    06-26-08 05:39 PM
    This fix has been a lifesaver for the 270+ Blackberry users I support!
    In addition, if you're running a BES server, initiate the "Resend Service Book" command after they undelete. This has been 100% successful so far.
    03-03-09 09:46 AM
    This fix has been a lifesaver for the 270+ Blackberry users I support!
    In addition, if you're running a BES server, initiate the "Resend Service Book" command after they undelete. This has been 100% successful so far.
    Works every time for me as well. I always delete the Desktop [SYNC] and Desktop [CMIME] service books from the device and then push the service books from the server. It will sync the contacts again and you will look like a Blackberry God to the user.
    03-03-09 12:45 PM
    HELP... I went too fast and deleted my SYNC - I lost the UNDELETE option.

My admin ins out till tomorrow... How can I get the service books sent with out admin access?
    12-08-10 10:55 AM
    HELP... I went too fast and deleted my SYNC - I lost the UNDELETE option.

My admin ins out till tomorrow... How can I get the service books sent with out admin access?
    Locate the email settings icon, click on it, Login to the BIS site with your user name and password.

Once logged in you will see your email account ('s). Press the menu key, select Send Service Books.

You will get an email for each account. I would suggest a battery pull after you receive them.
    12-08-10 11:33 AM
    Locate the email settings icon, click on it, Login to the BIS site with your user name and password.

Once logged in you will see your email account ('s). Press the menu key, select Send Service Books.

You will get an email for each account. I would suggest a battery pull after you receive them.
    That will work for BIS but re-sending BIS service books usually has little effect for BES.

If you are running BES have and have Web desktop manager available your can select resend service books other than that to have the BES service books re-sent, your need your BES admin to do that.
    12-09-10 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD