I'm running BES 12.4 through its paces before I move my environment onto it.

Do i see the correctly:

1. Default position when adding a contact on a BB10 phone defaults to adding contact locally and to work. You can (with extra taps) tell it to NOT add locally, but it's a tap to enter the menu, a tap to de-select local and a tap to be done. This does not seem to be configurable

2. Once you've added a contact using the default position (local & work). You are effectively damming yourself to be not synchronized.

What I mean is this.

You add a contact on your phone via default. It ads the contact locally and to your work. That's all good. You now have a contact on your phone and in your work email (in my case exchange & outlook).

At a later time from outlook you decide to delete this contact. It deletes but NOT the local contact on your phone. NOT SYNCHRONIZED.

Now if I go an change the view on my phone to only work (again several menu taps and not settable as default) it will no longer show that contact. The deletes are actually taking place.

BUT you are not truly synchronized.

Is this truly the functionality of BES 12?

I can't set a default to only add contacts as work and have to remember to tap on "save to", uncheck local, tap done otherwise I'm going to get a local contact that won't delete if I remove the contact from the email environment? Is this really how it works? Something must be wrong here.

Roveer
    04-12-16 11:39 PM
    Well it only took me a couple of times before I started de selecting Local Contacts. No big deal. Maybe set the phone up as work only if you don't want any contacts to save locally.... I think your situation is a bit out of the norm. I would just get used to it and carry on.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-16 11:01 AM
    try this Roveer, you'll have to carry out this procedure every time you add a contact though.

From the BlackBerry Leap Smartphone User Guide page 233 (http://help.blackberry.com/en/blackb...0.3.2-en.pdf):

I have duplicate contact entries
    If you imported contact entries using BlackBerry Link, you might see duplicate entries on your device after syncing your
    device and computer.

You can remove duplicates by merging contacts on your device, or by clearing your local data on your device.

To remove duplicate contact entries by deleting your local device data, do the following:
    1. On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
    2. Tap Settings > Accounts.
    3. Tap .
    4. Tap Clear Local Contacts.

CAUTION: Clearing your local data will permanently delete any contact entries that you saved only locally to your device.
    06-08-16 12:01 PM