I have had a number of BlackBerry caused problems with my BES 10. All were related to BlackBerry induced problems...ie incompatibilities with SBS, license recognition issues, conflicts with Java etc.

I cannot stand having to fight with a call center in Asia about why I'm not paying $249 for a problem I didn't cause. After all, my phone call is in regards to fixing BlackBerry's problems.

Why do I have to go through so much bullsh!t to get support?

Now it's widely accepted and understood that BlackBerry has lost the consumer products game. Isn't it time that they paid attention to their enterprise customers and make it easy for them to implement BlackBerry products, so hopefully they will have some customers other than the department of defense?

Get your head out of the gutter! Fix this now Mr. Chen. The first question that I should be asked is NOT how I intend to pay. It should be a series of questions understanding where the problem lies. I have no problem paying for support for problems I create.

If I have to go through this 1 more time, we will be going Android or even Apple.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 08:22 PM
    Rant is correct. How about we turn this around? If you would outline your issues, I bet some of our talented administrators could help.
    93Aero likes this.
    01-27-14 08:39 PM
    Help drive change to support policies, because I truly love BlackBerry but they are forcing me away.!

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 09:49 PM
    I'd love to back your mission!

As soon as I have a clue what you want changed.
    godsfantasy likes this.
    01-27-14 09:53 PM
    Let's not forget, CrackBerry is a place where we can come for help. There are some very smart and talented people here that can help you with your problem.

Posted via Verizon Z30
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-27-14 11:17 PM
    Unfortunately, all enterprise products I know of need you to pay for support (Microsoft, RedHat....etc), even if you believe that the problem is caused by a defect in the software.

However, as stated, if you outline your problems here, maybe some other admins can help?

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-28-14 12:57 AM
    You mention incompatible software with BES but then you say that is BB's fault. There is no software out there that is completely compatible with everything and BlackBerry does very well to document the software's limitations. Also, Java, is not released or maintained by BlackBerry, so they release products that are compatible with some versions of Java, and they do document how to upgrade your java software to newer versions.

Trying to run BES on an unsupported server is a problem you caused, using versions of Java that aren't supported is also a problem you caused (BES installs a supported version of java). Why would BlackBerry, a company whose job is to make money, keep giving support away for free?

Now, we would love to help, we really would. But we need specifics on what is happening and what you are trying to accomplish. Please let us help

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 05:05 AM