I installed the BB desktop onto my laptop. I don't see any practical use for it so I tried to delete it. When I do I get a message that says it is running and I must close it first. How do I do that? It is on my start up and I can't figure out how to get rid of it>

Any ideas?
    03-30-07 04:15 PM
    Welcome.

First of all why do you want to delete it? You might not use now but maybe another time....?

Otherwise try looking at the bottom right hand sie of your screen and make sure its not running there in the background...

Otherwise i am not sure

Maybe someone else will shed some light....
    03-30-07 04:44 PM
    Are you running Windows? XP or Vista? If so, did you uninstall it from the control panel?

Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs...

And then after that did a hard reboot?

Please let me know if you have gone through the above steps yet. If you have and you still see it in the startup tray, I can give you a few other ideas.

I installed the BB desktop onto my laptop. I don't see any practical use for it so I tried to delete it. When I do I get a message that says it is running and I must close it first. How do I do that? It is on my start up and I can't figure out how to get rid of it>

Any ideas?
    03-30-07 05:04 PM
    I had to do the same thing at one point: Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs...I agree I needed it back and had to redo it!
    04-10-07 10:47 AM
    Glad it worked.....
    04-10-07 03:42 PM
    Trust me you don't delete it. Because I found that you need from some time or another to back up your BB. It's also good for deleting applications you do not find a need for any more. With me it's much easier to do it on the PC instead of the BB. So, like many of us I really wouldn't delete it. Just minimize it when it appears.
    05-04-08 01:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD