Hi, I have just upgraded a company from a Windows 2000 domain and Exchange 2000 to SBS 2008 and Exchange 2007. They have a few users with Blackberries (various different models) that use Outlook Web Access to get their company email on them.

Prior to the upgrade it all worked.

After the upgrade, I have reconfigured their blackberries to use the new Outlook Web Access on the SBS 2008 / Exchange 2007 server and it mostly works. They can send and receive email on their handsets.

Here's the problem - if they send email to some people who are running Outlook 2003 on their PCs, the recipients can view the email, and can forward the email, but if they try to reply to the email then Outlook crashes with an exception and restarts. Every time.

To reiterate, these are BIS and not BES handsets and are configured using OWA. The OWA bit seems to be working. The only thing that has stopped working is that some people cannot reply to the emails they receive from these Blackberrys.

I have tried:
    • Deleting and re-adding the email accounts on the handsets and on the orange.blackberry website.

• Upgrading the blackberry firmware to the latest version.

• Removing the signature from the Blackberry and sending a blank message.

• Making sure the Outlook 2003 users aren't using Word as their email editor.

• Running Outlook in safe mode.

None of this has made any difference. This problem is happening to people within the same company (same windows domain and Exchange server) and to people outside of the company.

Any thoughts anybody??
    07-15-09 11:12 AM
    I'm experiencing the same issue. There's certain users (running Office XP) that when they try to reply to an email sent from a blackberry, their Outlook crashes. And recently, it seems as though it happens with any smartphone. They can send emails to them and forward these problematic emails but cannot reply to them. Any suggestions, this problem has been driving me crazy
    02-10-10 08:44 AM
    Just to be clear, this crash happens to users in Outlook when they receive a message from any smartphone? Is that right? If so, it doesnt sound like a BES or an OWA issue, but an Exchange/AD issue.
    02-10-10 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD