I have a black BlackBerry classic given to me from my work and it has BlackBerry Balance with my work email. I want to transfer BlackBerry Balance and work email to my Blue BlackBerry Classic.

Is there a way to do that or it should be a corporate issued phone? I mean is BlackBerry Balance connected to the phone serial number?

I tried adding it from setting accountS but it won't work.

If anyone know please help

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 04:23 PM
    You need to speak to your administrators at work to see if they allow you to activate your own device or not. If yes they'll give you an activation password then you can goto settings / accounts/ email etc and activate it

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-04-15 06:09 PM
    Just like what chasdury said, you need to speak with your IT guys for them to provide you with an Enterprise Activation password against your user account to allow you to activate the device against your Organisation. This will then setup Balance and your email, based on policies applied by your IT Team.

Warning: they may not allow personal devices, even though it is the same model you were provided from your Organisation.
    11-04-15 10:35 PM
    They don't allow that it has to be corporate issued for some reason.

Is there a way to open up the phone to switch the back cover keyboard etc or is that impossible. I mean I want the blue classic I got bored with the black one they issued

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 12:14 AM
    I don't think that's a good idea.
    What you can try is: do a full backup of your black classic, than switch it off. Restore full to your blue classic. If your admin didn't disable work space backups than this can work. You will need to enter your email account password again (and all other accounts passwords by the way).
    But the best way and highly recommended is to make some agreement (approval) with your IT admin, everything else can lead to serious inconveniences related and not related to the changed phone itself.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 01:23 AM
    I don't think that's a good idea.
    What you can try is: do a full backup of your black classic, than switch it off. Restore full to your blue classic. If your admin didn't disable work space backups than this can work. You will need to enter your email account password again (and all other accounts passwords by the way).
    But the best way and highly recommended is to make some agreement (approval) with your IT admin, everything else can lead to serious inconveniences related and not related to the changed phone itself.

Posted via CB10
    Even if they allow workspace backup and he restores it to the new phone it will not be activated against BES. He still needs an activation password.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 01:43 AM
    I guess there is no other option, only to switch the keyboard back cover etc

Thank you guys! Really appreciate your help

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 02:14 AM
    You need to activate it by setting up the email address originally used to activate your current phone. You can try to set it up and it will ask you for the password given by your administrator but unfortunately it would have timed out. All your administrator has to do is resend the activation email and you choose to replace your existing phone when the option pops up.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 06:53 AM