ok ... the basics. server 2003, bes professional 4.1.x, exchange 2003. all service packs, hotfixes, etc .. are installed.

I cannot get devices to complete the activation process. I can add users, generate and email passwords, the password is delivered to the user mailbox successfully, and the etp.dat email is delivered successfully ... then nothing. phones sit at 'activatiing ...' and the etp.dat email sits in the users mailbox.

besadmin rights are applied correctly. i have run all the bb tests , and they have come back successfully. i have completely removed bes, exported a mailbox to a .pst, deleted the exchange mailbox, reinstalled bes again, recreated the exchange mailbox, still doesnt work.

does anyone have any idea what could possibly still be wrong??
    01-25-09 06:58 PM
    There's BlackBerry Administrator forum in the Professional section of CrackBerry. If you don't get an answer here you might want to ask the mods to move your question to that forum. Sorry, I don't have an answer, not a BES admin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 09:17 PM
    ok ... the basics. server 2003, bes professional 4.1.x, exchange 2003. all service packs, hotfixes, etc .. are installed.

I cannot get devices to complete the activation process. I can add users, generate and email passwords, the password is delivered to the user mailbox successfully, and the etp.dat email is delivered successfully ... then nothing. phones sit at 'activatiing ...' and the etp.dat email sits in the users mailbox.

besadmin rights are applied correctly. i have run all the bb tests , and they have come back successfully. i have completely removed bes, exported a mailbox to a .pst, deleted the exchange mailbox, reinstalled bes again, recreated the exchange mailbox, still doesnt work.

does anyone have any idea what could possibly still be wrong??
    Have you tried to do a wired activation?
    01-26-09 11:38 AM
    This may/may not help, but I ran into a problem if the email address was not typed in the correct case.

For instance, if my email address was [email protected], and I typed it into the blackberry as [email protected], it would not get past the "Activating" screen.

I would try going to the Users > Edit User Properties under Blackberry Manager and determine how the email address is displayed (including case).

It's worth a shot.
    01-26-09 10:16 PM
    Please check out this very detailed document from the RIM KB:

Identifying and troubleshooting enterprise activation issues
    01-30-09 01:40 AM
    ive had that problem w/ users who's cell service isnt provisioned correctly. if the user doesnt have the BES plan on their service, it'll never activate.
    02-04-09 03:37 PM
    you say that the ETP email is delivered...is it being modified in any way by an AV or Spam filter maybe? Most common is a tag added to the Subject line of the email. Also, make sure the ETP email stays in the Inbox on the Exchange server...if OWA is available, you can use that to make sure it's staying there.

Hth,

e.n.
    02-06-09 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD