I've got a quick question about installing besx on an Exchange 2010 server.

This is a brand new install of exchange and it is in a test environment. I'm going through the steps to configure the mail server from the exchange shell, and everything is going fine except the last step.

Type Add-ADPermission -InheritedObjectType User -InheritanceType Descendents -ExtendedRights Send-As -User "BESAdmin" -Identity "DC=<domain_1>,DC=<domain_2>,DC=<domain_3>" where <domain_1>, <domain_2>, and <domain_3> form the name of the domain. For example, if the domain name is example.organization.net, type example for <domain_1>, organization for <domain_2>, and net for <domain_3>.

Our internal domain name is company.local and we have an internet domain of company.com. For the last part of the command should I use our internet domain name (which the exchange server is set to receive email for) or the internal domain name? And I'm not using a sub-domain, so I don't have three parts as in their example.

Thanks,
    Christian
    07-21-10 03:13 PM
    I would think

Add-ADPermission -InheritedObjectType User -InheritanceType Descendents -ExtendedRights Send-As -User "BESAdmin" -Identity "DC=<company>,DC=<local>
    07-26-10 10:31 AM
    i got stuck at the same thingie....
    Add-ADPermission -InheritedObjectType User -InheritanceType Descendents -ExtendedRights Send-As -User "BESAdmin" -Identity "DC=mr44er,DC=local"
    just does NOT work.

my error message is this:

Beim Anfordern von DC=local bei Server1.mr44er.local wurde ein Verweis auf local empfangen. Sie haben den falschen Server f�r diesen Vorgang ausgew�hlt.
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (0:Int32) [Add-ADPermission], ADReferralException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : C58208CB,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTa sks.AddADPermission

what should i do?

https://www.blackberry.com/blackberr...706c652e786d6c

and this does NOT help out....

for

Add-ADPermission -InheritedObjectType User -InheritanceType Descendents -ExtendedRights Send-As
    -User "BESAdmin" -Identity "DC=server1,DC=mr44er"
    i get the same error
    Last edited by mr44er; 09-19-10 at 01:38 PM.
    09-19-10 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD