I signed up to BES12 trial, mainly to get the "second user" in BB10. My plan was to install all my Android apps in one of the two accounts to prevent them from accessing my local data. However, I learned, that there is no real separation between the "two accounts" as both of them have access to my local contacts/address book. Is there a way to separate this data without adding an additional account synced via cloud, something like a second local data account for the work account only?
    Last edited by Maxxxpower; 04-03-15 at 09:09 AM.
    04-03-15 07:36 AM
    The work account has to be on Exchange. You cannot use CardDav (or Google, etc) for work email, calendar and contact entries.
    04-03-15 05:50 PM
    You can hide the work contacts from your main contacts app but they will always show in the contacts in the phone app. That is if you have them synced with a specific email account. Other than that there isn't much you can do that I know of..

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 08:21 PM
    The work account has to be on Exchange. You cannot use CardDav (or Google, etc) for work email, calendar and contact entries.
    I don't want any cloud sync for calendar and contacts, even if CalDav/CardDav was supported.

You can hide the work contacts from your main contacts app but they will always show in the contacts in the phone app. That is if you have them synced with a specific email account. Other than that there isn't much you can do that I know of..
    Yeah, I guess BES12 cloud isn't very useful for single users at the moment (at least with my needs)
    04-04-15 04:08 AM
    If you don't have balance activated you can completely hide tour work contacts by going into settings of the contact app and selecting the source of work contacts. This even hides them within the phone app. All you do is unhide them when you need them.... if somebody calls from your work contacts it will still display who it is even though you have them hidden.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 08:52 AM
    The hide/unhide function is just a visual setting.

My mistake was that I thought that Balance would deliver a multi user environment which it doesn't
    04-04-15 08:57 AM
    The hide/unhide function is just a visual setting.

My mistake was that I thought that Balance would deliver a multi user environment which it doesn't
    There is a setting in the cloud console that you can choose to restrict personal apps from accessing work contacts.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 09:04 AM
    Is there a way to generate local (no cloud sync!) work contacts?
    04-04-15 09:48 AM
    Is there a way to generate local (no cloud sync!) work contacts?
    So you want to add work contacts that show on the work side but don't sync with your other work contacts? If so I'm not sure that is possible......

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 10:04 AM
    I want to add work contacts that show on the work side but don't sync with my other work contacts or any cloud solution.
    Yeah, I think it's impossible.
    04-04-15 11:24 AM
    I want to add work contacts that show on the work side but don't sync with my other work contacts or any cloud solution.
    Yeah, I think it's impossible.
    Well I just tried and you only have 3 places to save it. Sim card, local or work. Not sure how you could do that but if you find out how please let me know.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 11:58 AM