I use AFW and my phone has full access to my work contacts?!? Am I missing something here. It just shows up as another account within the contacts app and my work contacts are synced down..
    03-02-16 06:42 AM
    I use AFW and my phone has full access to my work contacts?!? Am I missing something here. It just shows up as another account within the contacts app and my work contacts are synced down..
    You are using a Priv? Not a Samsung?
    03-02-16 06:44 AM
    Wow i think i am lost, i was in a thread last night about this some kind of thing and this one came up again not realizing it was a different one.. please ignore me as I obviously have no idea what is going on LOL

But I do use AFW with my Priv and have full access to my work contacts from the personal Contacts app and even if I open the work contacts app it opens it still the same its like both apps point to one app
    03-02-16 07:58 AM
    Wow i think i am lost, i was in a thread last night about this some kind of thing and this one came up again not realizing it was a different one.. please ignore me as I obviously have no idea what is going on LOL

But I do use AFW with my Priv and have full access to my work contacts from the personal Contacts app and even if I open the work contacts app it opens it still the same its like both apps point to one app
    No worries, and if you connect in a car, you have work contacts transferred too I think? As I remember it works on Prov but not with non BB devices
    03-02-16 08:00 AM
    To be honest I never used my transferred contacts on my stereo, I use the hands free a lot but I have never look up a contact because i use the built in features of the Priv. Just initiate the google now to do everything.
    03-02-16 08:07 AM
    Sharing this because I found this thread while researching an answer to these same problems. I logged a case with BlackBerry Support today related to AFW being unable to display Work Contacts in Call Logs, TXT Messages, and Bluetooth address book sync. Here's what they said:

"There is collaboration going on between BlackBerry and Google in regards to this issue.
    FER-1201 has been closed as Google is aware of the importance of this functionality and is working it into a future release. The only issue now is not knowing the exact version it will be programmed into. At this time it remains a limitation in AFW activation types but will be fixed sooner rather than later. It's in the hands of the very capable Google Developers."
    03-31-16 02:00 PM
    Sharing this because I found this thread while researching an answer to these same problems. I logged a case with BlackBerry Support today related to AFW being unable to display Work Contacts in Call Logs, TXT Messages, and Bluetooth address book sync. Here's what they said:

"There is collaboration going on between BlackBerry and Google in regards to this issue.
    FER-1201 has been closed as Google is aware of the importance of this functionality and is working it into a future release. The only issue now is not knowing the exact version it will be programmed into. At this time it remains a limitation in AFW activation types but will be fixed sooner rather than later. It's in the hands of the very capable Google Developers."
    Brilliant thanks for the update, sounds like something is being done which is promising.
    03-31-16 04:23 PM
    OK so aside from the contacts and AFW activation issues I have one more problem.

We are very tight on securing devices, this means work and personal can under no circumstances talk to each other on a device. There is a flaw in this on the priv / AFW setup, I have set the policies up so work and data can't share between each other on the BES and of course applied that to my user.

Everything appears OK at first glance, personal apps can't get at the work data and visa versa.

I have published Microsoft office in the work partition (we use office 365), as an example I open a word document from a work email and I want to save it on the device to amend etc.. If I do save as I see different options like on the device or one drive work account they are fine.

There are also options to add another place like Dropbox, Google you can add these no problem at all and save the work data externally. This is not what we want.

I have a call logged with blackberry so hoping this can be solved soon too as for us it's a data leakage problem.
    OK so I've finally got an answer from Blackberry support with regards to the security when using MS Office in the work partition.

The official response is that this is an application specific issue in that the office apps aren't following the MDM rules in place.

Long story short use Docs to go or Google docs as these work fine and honour MDM rules.

I've now removed office from the work partition and replaced with Docs to go. Everything is as secure as it should be.
    03-31-16 04:29 PM
    The issue with BES12 generating Google accounts and welcome emails for non-AFW activations has been resolved in BES 12.4 MR1, FYI:

An Android for Work password was sent when you activated a device using any of the activation types. (JI 1442035, JI 1387949)
    04-04-16 03:36 PM
    The issue with BES12 generating Google accounts and welcome emails for non-AFW activations has been resolved in BES 12.4 MR1, FYI:
    Brilliant thanks for the update.
    04-04-16 03:49 PM
    Hi All,

Quick update on the problems above, point one is now fixed in the latest update from Blackberry today. I've rebooted several times and the workspace stays in the hub, calendar etc..

In fact I didn't have to set it up again, after the reboot from the update it was there.

I had to manually check for the update by going into settings / about and then check for update.

Great response from Blackberry to fix this so quickly.

Points two and three are still ongoing with blackberry support, I'll update here once I know what's going on with them.
    Blackberry support mailed me that the Marshmallow upgrade should solve the contacts issue within the telephone app and whatsapp...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-05-16 04:38 AM
    Anyone got the MM update tried this yet?

Thanks

04-28-16 09:44 AM
    Not yet, but it'll be the first thing I do on May 3 when the OTA update comes to the carriers. I'll report back if no one beats me to the punch.
    04-28-16 02:04 PM
    I have it but I do not use WhatsApp any thing you need me to look at other then that?
    04-28-16 03:34 PM
    The main one for me is the contacts not coming through to the dialer app or text app when the contacts are coming from BES

Thanks

04-28-16 03:37 PM
    Ill check mine and let you know, just reactivating it on AFW right now
    04-28-16 03:41 PM
    Awesome thanks, don't know if you saw the issue before or not but the easiest way to see it for me is when you go into dialer app and click on recent calls the list is just numbers rather than names..

04-28-16 03:44 PM
    Sorry taking a bit longer. I am having issues getting the Hub application to install on the work side of my device, no hub means no email account pushed down which equals no contacts as soon as i figure this issues out with BES Support Ill let you know.
    04-29-16 08:07 AM
    We had some strange issues with pushing out some of the applications that are part of the most productivity section... but I think a hotfix fixed it on the BES but not 100% sure on that.. It wasn't the hub for me though it was the calendar and contacts app iirc

04-29-16 08:14 AM
    Marshmallow beta and afw contacts issue for me so far:

- work contacts visible in telephone app history and incoming call cli.
    - work contacts not available when you want to dial from your telephone app. You can accesswork contacts from the contacts app and dial.
    - no work contacts in whatsapp if whatsapp is installed on the personal space. When whatsapp installed from the afw it's possible of course but no whatsapp hub notifications.

04-29-16 08:15 AM
    Okay so finally got work contacts down without the Hub,

1. if I open the dialer app and type in a work contact name or number nothing shows up.
    2. If i dial a work contact number no name shows up
    3. After starting the call the work contact shows
    4. Incoming calls will pull their name if in work contacts
    5. recent incoming and outgoing will show the work contact

3 out of 5 is not bad!!
    04-29-16 08:31 AM
    We had some strange issues with pushing out some of the applications that are part of the most productivity section... but I think a hotfix fixed it on the BES but not 100% sure on that.. It wasn't the hub for me though it was the calendar and contacts app iirc

Was it on BES 12.3?
    04-29-16 08:35 AM
    I don't know, but I know a man that does - he'll hopefully reply to this he's off today though lol

04-29-16 08:43 AM
    Was it on BES 12.3?
    I work with Chris, we noticed his problem when we were on 12.4, it could have been an issue on 12.3 but didn't try and activate a priv on that version.

Upgrading the server to 12.4.1 resolved our particular problem.
    04-29-16 08:57 AM
    thanks guys, I have a ticket into BlackBerry support, hopefully they will find the issue!!
    04-29-16 09:10 AM
116 ... 2345