Chrome
    Blackberry productivity suite

Group:
    Evernote
    Avaya One-X Communicator (for our telephone system)
    Zoom (replacement of BBM Meetings)
    Dropbox
    Last edited by CNX66; 01-24-16 at 09:16 AM.
    01-24-16 05:40 AM
    The more people who mention the contacts thing the better, that will push it up their priority list.

Correct it's a direct active sync connection to our exchange it's the only way I can make it s workable device as it stands. We haven't released the priv to our users because of this.
    - Allright!
    - Okay yes it should be fine for me now but not for our users :-)
    01-24-16 05:41 AM
    Also when logging the call with blackberry re contacts issue I would quote the following with them FER-1201 this is with there development team as a feature enhancement request.
    01-24-16 06:16 AM
    Also, the work browser can't use a proxy. So for us is OK for intranet but no Internet links work from emails!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-24-16 06:17 AM
    Also when logging the call with blackberry re contacts issue I would quote the following with them FER-1201 this is with there development team as a feature enhancement request.
    Done.
    01-24-16 09:01 AM
    :thumbup:
    01-24-16 09:12 AM
    So the things to fix for the moment for my organisation are:

- Contacts issue (Whatsapp and telephone) as mentioned before: Blackberry
    - The HUB is in my case showing a blue scrolling horizontal line as the HUB is busy (main page HUB).
    - Some emails of my BES12 deployed emailadres you can't open from the HUB main page but when you go to the HUB sub page of your account you can open these mails. Also no blue scrolling line in the HUB sub page. - Only annoying but I will mention this to Blackberry Support.
    - When you accept a calendar item (MS Exchange 2013 is what we use) it works but it opens the calendar item again and again. I checked with my desktop MS Outlook and aftre the first acceptance the item is accepted correctly by the Priv.

Do you also experience these bugs?
    01-25-16 02:22 AM
    I've also opened support cases with respect to the contacts issue and AFW activation email. Here's hoping these are addressed quickly!
    01-25-16 08:31 AM
    So the things to fix for the moment for my organisation are:

- Contacts issue (Whatsapp and telephone) as mentioned before: Blackberry
    - The HUB is in my case showing a blue scrolling horizontal line as the HUB is busy (main page HUB).
    - Some emails of my BES12 deployed emailadres you can't open from the HUB main page but when you go to the HUB sub page of your account you can open these mails. Also no blue scrolling line in the HUB sub page. - Only annoying but I will mention this to Blackberry Support.
    - When you accept a calendar item (MS Exchange 2013 is what we use) it works but it opens the calendar item again and again. I checked with my desktop MS Outlook and aftre the first acceptance the item is accepted correctly by the Priv.

Do you also experience these bugs?
    Hi,

I don't seem to have any of these issues (other than contacts), I have tried to replicate but everything seems fine.

We too run Exchange 2013.

Regards

Lee
    01-25-16 11:51 AM
    I've also opened support cases with respect to the contacts issue and AFW activation email. Here's hoping these are addressed quickly!
    Brilliant I would definitely hope the more people who report it the more important it becomes to Blackberry.
    01-25-16 11:52 AM
    OK so aside from the contacts and AFW activation issues I have one more problem.

We are very tight on securing devices, this means work and personal can under no circumstances talk to each other on a device. There is a flaw in this on the priv / AFW setup, I have set the policies up so work and data can't share between each other on the BES and of course applied that to my user.

Everything appears OK at first glance, personal apps can't get at the work data and visa versa.

I have published Microsoft office in the work partition (we use office 365), as an example I open a word document from a work email and I want to save it on the device to amend etc.. If I do save as I see different options like on the device or one drive work account they are fine.

There are also options to add another place like Dropbox, Google you can add these no problem at all and save the work data externally. This is not what we want.

I have a call logged with blackberry so hoping this can be solved soon too as for us it's a data leakage problem.
    01-25-16 11:59 AM
    Were you saying that there is an issue where the profile for work does not show up in the HUB? I had AFW working perfect for about 5 days and then all of a sudden my Work account is still there in Accounts but it will not show up in the hub!
    01-25-16 08:15 PM
    So i found out the issue. I had the policy set under the Email profile for Android a setting called "Allow data to be shared between work and personal profiles" when i checked this again I could see the work email in the personal hub again. Whats funny is if I save data from an email it still keeps them separate. THis is strange you woudl think that setting would allow personal data and work data to co mingle
    01-25-16 08:24 PM
    Hi,

I don't seem to have any of these issues (other than contacts), I have tried to replicate but everything seems fine.

We too run Exchange 2013.

Regards

Lee
    Strange. I think I will do a clean installation coming weeks... thanks for the information.
    01-26-16 01:49 AM
    Were you saying that there is an issue where the profile for work does not show up in the HUB? I had AFW working perfect for about 5 days and then all of a sudden my Work account is still there in Accounts but it will not show up in the hub!
    This was a bug early on with the priv but it was fixed in the last software update.
    01-26-16 02:01 AM
    So i found out the issue. I had the policy set under the Email profile for Android a setting called "Allow data to be shared between work and personal profiles" when i checked this again I could see the work email in the personal hub again. Whats funny is if I save data from an email it still keeps them separate. THis is strange you woudl think that setting would allow personal data and work data to co mingle
    I've have concentrated on the opposite trying to get personal and work to not talk to each other. I think the best you can do is get it so it appears to be one partition for the end user, this seemed to be the case out of the box.
    01-26-16 02:02 AM
    Hi All, just wondered if anyone had any updates on calls logged with blackberry?

Cheers
    02-18-16 04:33 PM
    Hi All, just wondered if anyone had any updates on calls logged with blackberry?

Cheers
    Not regarding the contacts issue with Whatsapp and telephone app. Still using a workaround...

02-18-16 04:46 PM
    Not regarding the contacts issue with Whatsapp and telephone app. Still using a workaround...

What version of BES 12? In 12.3 there is a policy where the phone app can see work contacts. Not sirenian what's app though.

'Allow cross profile caller ID' is the policy name
    02-18-16 05:21 PM
    What version of BES 12? In 12.3 there is a policy where the phone app can see work contacts. Not sirenian what's app though.

'Allow cross profile caller ID' is the policy name
    Thanks but does this policy not just show the the name as people ring in, I'm sure this doesn't show you contact names the text message app or call history.

The way blackberry described this to me was the devices requests that info on an event I.e new call or outgoing call.

The issue is with static data on the device not having permanent access to the work contacts.
    02-19-16 05:32 AM
    Thanks but does this policy not just show the the name as people ring in, I'm sure this doesn't show you contact names the text message app or call history.

The way blackberry described this to me was the devices requests that info on an event I.e new call or outgoing call.

The issue is with static data on the device not having permanent access to the work contacts.
    I haven't fully tested to be honest but the name of it would suggest just caller id
    02-20-16 05:55 AM
    Is there any update to access to the work contacts from the personal side? Like the Bluetooth car system etc?
    03-02-16 06:23 AM
    Nothing yet I caused a few weeks ago and was told it is still with the New Feature request team.

Haven't got a clue why this wasn't a key feature in the first place.
    03-02-16 06:35 AM
    There is no update needed, if you are using SWS and you want your work contacts accessible on the personal side of your device go into SWS and into configuration and there is an option to copy work contacts to your personal side. This obviously has to be enabled by your administrator but from that point forward your work contacts will show up as read only FULL contacts in the contact app. And new contacts on the work side automatically show up here. You cannot edit or modify the contacts from the personal side you can only view them.
    03-02-16 06:38 AM
    Sorry, we are talking about AfW not SWS
    03-02-16 06:40 AM
116 12345