So now we tested with a test mail domain we want to use our productive domain. But when I create the managed service account in the Google developers console, i don't seem to be able to get the ClientID that i need to register in the Admin.google.com part for Android for work - how do i find it? I must have had it for the test domain!!
    12-14-15 05:04 AM
    OK some updates from me on the main issues we are seeing;

1) Work emails / calendar and contacts disappearing from the device after a reboot of the phone - I had thought this was fixed but it has unfortunately come back for me, according to blackberry there is an update due out today that will fix this. Lets see what happens.

2) Contacts not showing names in call logs and texts (Based of other posts in this thread looks to be general work data not being shared with the personal side of the phone properly) - Call was logged with Blackberry, they have confirmed its not a bug but is a new feature request. This has been submitted within blackberry with the following reference FER-1201

3) Even though AFW is work and personal partitions you can save work data into the personal side - Doesn't actually look to be a problem, my initial test was to save a word document to the local device and that worked, however if you try and get to that file from the personal side you don't see it. More tested needed but looks OK.
    12-14-15 09:36 AM
    So now we tested with a test mail domain we want to use our productive domain. But when I create the managed service account in the Google developers console, i don't seem to be able to get the ClientID that i need to register in the Admin.google.com part for Android for work - how do i find it? I must have had it for the test domain!!
    I've had a quick look and i can see my client id's and service account keys by doing the following once logged into the developers console;

1) Click on the three lines next to the heading 'Google Developers Console' for the menu bar to appear.
    2) Select API Manager
    3) Choose credentials on the left menu bar

That should show you your current client id / accounts

Hope this is helpful.
    12-14-15 09:48 AM
    OK some updates from me on the main issues we are seeing;

1) Work emails / calendar and contacts disappearing from the device after a reboot of the phone - I had thought this was fixed but it has unfortunately come back for me, according to blackberry there is an update due out today that will fix this. Lets see what happens.
    So had a few updates tonight not sure which one has had the fix in for the work account disappearing from hub but at the moment it looks to be fixed.

I've rebooted three / four times tonight and everything is still working, I'll keep an eye on it just to make sure.
    12-14-15 04:13 PM
    Thanks, figured out the Google thing now. Working well on galaxy s6, going change my priv from sws to afw tonight.

What apps are people deploying to the devices through afw? So far I've only got adobe reader, Chrome, Microsoft RDP

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-15-15 07:28 AM
    Thanks, figured out the Google thing now. Working well on galaxy s6, going change my priv from sws to afw tonight.

What apps are people deploying to the devices through afw? So far I've only got adobe reader, Chrome, Microsoft RDP

We are publishing out the following at the moment;

Chrome
    Blackberry productivity suite (For priv only I think)
    Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc..)
    Webex
    OneDrive
    OneNote
    12-15-15 12:47 PM
    We are publishing out the following at the moment;

Chrome
    Blackberry productivity suite (For priv only I think)
    Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc..)
    Webex
    OneDrive
    OneNote
    What's blackberry productivity suite? I can't find that in plays tore?

12-15-15 12:54 PM
    What's blackberry productivity suite? I can't find that in plays tore?

It was installed as part of the AFW config. It's a group on the BES like the the divide client.
    12-15-15 02:33 PM
    It was installed as part of the AFW config. It's a group on the BES like the the divide client.
    Ah, I don't see that, how strange. And on the Priv, the mails sync but when I try and open one or send a new email it says app not available in work profile.

I guess I need this suite. Have you got the Google play link from it from with bes or can you post a screen shot of it? I can't find it!!

12-15-15 11:57 PM
    Found them now, working nicely.

It's a shame the BlackBerry client doesn't support smime yet!

What's the experience with battery life on the Priv once it's afw activated with secure connect plus?

12-16-15 05:13 AM
    Found them now, working nicely.

It's a shame the BlackBerry client doesn't support smime yet!

What's the experience with battery life on the Priv once it's afw activated with secure connect plus?

Sorry for the late reply, glad you found them.

For me the battery is like most smartphones you get one days full use. I charge my priv every night.
    12-17-15 10:35 AM
    Sorry for the late reply, glad you found them.

For me the battery is like most smartphones you get one days full use. I charge my priv every night.
    Same here!

12-18-15 06:09 AM
    I did install a Android for Work (Work and personal - user privacy (Android for Work, BES12 Cloud). In the Hub (Blackberry Priv) I do see the mails and I can see the appointments in the Calendar.

But I cannot open e-mail and I see the error: Can't create handler inside thread that has not called Looper.prepare()
    or write an email, error: App is not available in Work Space...

Anyone how to manage this? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by CNX66; 01-23-16 at 09:12 AM.
    01-23-16 08:22 AM
    I did install a Android for Work (Work and personal - user privacy (Android for Work, BES12 Cloud). In the Hub (Blackberry Priv) I do see the mails and I can see the appointments in the Calendar.

But I cannot open e-mail and I see the error: Can't create handler inside thread that has not called Looper.prepare()
    or write an email, error: App is not available in Work Space...

Anyone how to manage this? Thanks in advance!
    Hi,

I'm assuming you have published the blackberry productivity suite of applications from the BES for that user?

Regards

Lee
    01-23-16 10:09 AM
    Hi Lee,

Thansk a lot! This was exactly my mistake!

Regards,

Oscar
    01-23-16 10:23 AM
    - WhatsApp has no Access to the addresses from workside, "normal" but no setting / workaround possible
    as on OS10

This is still a existing bug?
    01-23-16 10:37 AM
    Yes, same for names for people who are in work side contacts - when they call caller ID isn't working

01-23-16 11:03 AM
    The contacts one is by design at the moment and isn't a bug, as mentioned above this is logged with blackberry and is on there feature enhancement list for the future.
    01-23-16 12:32 PM
    Another bug recently found is all users added to the BES also get the Android for work activation email. Logged this with blackberry last week and they have confirmed it's being looked into.

Not a problem as such but it does confuse some users and also triggers them to ask if they can have an android device.
    01-23-16 12:34 PM
    Yes, same for names for people who are in work side contacts - when they call caller ID isn't working

I currently get around thus contact one by syncing my contacts direct from exchange so at least the device is usable.
    01-23-16 12:35 PM
    I was looking for this thread couldn't find it. Now subscribing.
    01-23-16 12:37 PM
    The contacts one is by design at the moment and isn't a bug, as mentioned above this is logged with blackberry and is on there feature enhancement list for the future.
    In my opinion it's for sure a bug when you cannot manage this bu your BES12 console and I hope it will quickly be solved. I don't thnink my users will be happy when they do not see their contacts in their incoming calls and whatsapp..

And therefore I will also mention it to Blackberry Support.
    01-24-16 05:27 AM
    The workaround in your situation; is your personal exchange sign in for only contacts?
    01-24-16 05:30 AM
    Okay I have succeeded in the AFW integration for the Blackberry Priv (and other Android devices maybe). What I learned (and thanks to Lee Robinson, I favoured this thread a long time ago!) is to see the AFW integration as a project (for the BES12 administrator) and not a quick setup when you switch from Blackberry 10 devices to Android. For example for making your first choice of deployment;

- MDM with Touchdown,
    - Secure Workspace.
    - AFW

So the things to fix for the moment for my organisation are:

- Contacts issue (Whatsapp and telephone) as mentioned before: Blackberry
    - The HUB is in my case showing a blue scrolling horizontal line as the HUB is busy (main page HUB).
    - Some emails of my BES12 deployed emailadres you can't open from the HUB main page but when you go to the HUB sub page of your account you can open these mails. Also no blue scrolling line in the HUB sub page. - Only annoying but I will mention this to Blackberry Support.
    01-24-16 05:38 AM
    The more people who mention the contacts thing the better, that will push it up their priority list.

Correct it's a direct active sync connection to our exchange it's the only way I can make it s workable device as it stands. We haven't released the priv to our users because of this.
    01-24-16 05:39 AM
116 1234 ...