I have two questions for all the BlackBerry admins out there. Hope someone can answer them!

Our company merged with another one and the BES is in one office on a 192.168.1.x scheme. The other office is 192.168.10..x

Our networks are merged and we've got that all settled. Now, they want to take the BES and put it in the other office.

My question is...can the IP of the BES just be changed? Will that effect anything within the BlackBerry software? I'm thinking it won't.

Second question is about hard drive space. The BlackBerry software is installed on the C partition and I'm running out of space. I have a D partition with plenty of room but am wondering if there are any folders I can move over to D without messing things up. I've thought about re-partitioning the drive too but I'd have to buy software for that.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks again!
    11-16-09 10:19 AM
    Simply changing the BES server IP wont harm anything - though the BES services would need to be restarted. The licencing is done by SRP ID and Auth Key, not tied to host IP. I would be more concerned with potential latency you may find with the connection between BES and Exchange/Groupwise/Domino (delete as appropriate).

As to disk space, usually it is the log files that eat disk space. If you are running BES 4.1 use the Blackberry Server Configuration dialog to change the location of the log files - you may need to stop/restart BES services first - and then manually move, archive or delete the old log files from c:\program files\research in motion\blackberry enterprise server\logs
    11-17-09 04:18 AM
    Thanks Glen! I discovered that it was indeed the log files that were chewing up space...6GB of space!
    11-18-09 08:14 AM
    No problem sparko...glad you got it sorted :-)
    11-19-09 06:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD