Hi,

We are running BES on an exchange 2003 server and I can put my emails into my inbox subfolders (on exchange) using my BlackBerry device by using the file feature. This is a good sign for me but my VP is having issues with her BlackBerry. She can see her file folders on her BB, and it appears that the messages have moved correctly, however when she goes to her desktop, the emails have not moved.
    I have talked to the IT manager (my wife), and she has looked at permission on the BES server and the VP and I appear to be set up the same. I was wondering: is there an option on the BlackBerry itself that we are missing? Is there maybe some check mark that we may have missed on the BES server that I have and the VP does not?

Thanks,
    01-23-08 01:22 PM
    Have you already done the battery pull and even wiping the VP's Blackberry and reactivating it?
    01-23-08 03:30 PM
    I suggested pulling the battery this morning actually but she did not want to do it right away so I will probably have to remind her. If that does not work I will do a factory reset and resend the activation key for her BES account. If that does not work than I am at a loss.

Thanks for the quick response.
    01-23-08 04:36 PM
    Check the email reconciliation function. Folder management is handled by the same process.

Here's a good test:
    -send 4 emails to a BB user
    -make sure all 4 arrive on the BB and in Outlook
    -right click on the 1st in Outlook, and "mark as read"
    -right click on the 2nd in Outlook, and "delete"
    -highlight the 3rd on the BB, and "mark opened"
    -hightlight the 4th on the BB, and "delete"
    -open the menu on the BB, and select "reconcile now"

what should happen is the 1st and 3rd should be marked as read in both locations, and the 2nd and 4th should both be gone. If this is the case, email reconciliation is working just fine.

If the test fails, wipe the BB, remove the user account from the BES, and add it back, and reactivate the BB.
    01-26-08 11:50 AM
    Like chucky_b said, double check the VP's email reconciliation options on her device:
    - Delete On should be "Mailbox & Handheld"
    - Wireless Reconcile should be On (duh)
    - On Conflicts should probably be Mailbox Wins

You might also check that you and the VP are running the same version of the OS and it's the latest version available for your carrier. FWIW, this solved a diff problem I had. Up until two weeks ago, I was having some odd, seemingly random, sync problems where not all email was OTA syncing as it should - especially when moving email to a personal folders file in Outlook. Updating the OS made the problems go away, so thought I'd throw it out there in case it helps.
    01-26-08 01:40 PM
    Thank you both for the replys.
    I tested out the reconciliation on my BB using the method you stated chucky_b . It worked fine for me so I will probably test out the VPs Monday. One question I have though is with manually reconciling. I take it this is just a quick way to reconcile so I dont have to wait for the system to catch up correct?
    As far as the OS on our BBs we have the same OS. I am not sure if it is the most up to date one from AT&T though. It is V 4.2.2.170 and I hope it is the most up to date since both devices are less than a month old. My device does the file folders fine so I hope I am ok, however I will keep your warning in mind for future events.
    Oh I will also keep your test in mind as well chucky_b because I just found out that I will be setting up another device this coming week with the BES capability. The way things are going I will have an additional two more within the next 30 days. I bought my blackberry just to test out the waters because nobody at work had one. So many people at work liked it I had 3 users within the first 2 weeks to set up. I guess the name crackberry is aptly suited to my organization.
    01-26-08 11:23 PM
    Thank you both for the replys.
    I tested out the reconciliation on my BB using the method you stated chucky_b . It worked fine for me so I will probably test out the VPs Monday. One question I have though is with manually reconciling. I take it this is just a quick way to reconcile so I dont have to wait for the system to catch up correct?

Maually selecting "reconcile now" doesn't do anything different (functionality wise) than what would happen naturally. It just does it quicker.
    01-27-08 10:37 AM
    Ok. Thanks for the response and thanks again for the testing method.
    01-27-08 12:11 PM
    ... As far as the OS on our BBs we have the same OS. I am not sure if it is the most up to date one from AT&T though. It is V 4.2.2.170 and I hope it is the most up to date since both devices are less than a month old. ...
    You've got the latest OS version. I do wish they put release notes in the d/l file so we'd have a clue what the changes were. I've done alot of searching but never found anything other than for BES Administrators.
    01-27-08 03:17 PM
    Thank you for that update. At least that is one item I do not have to worry about for the moment.
    01-27-08 06:22 PM
    There is a menu option, on the device, in mail, that you must turn on. Options>General Otpions>Hide Filed Messages=yes

Hi,

We are running BES on an exchange 2003 server and I can put my emails into my inbox subfolders (on exchange) using my BlackBerry device by using the file feature. This is a good sign for me but my VP is having issues with her BlackBerry. She can see her file folders on her BB, and it appears that the messages have moved correctly, however when she goes to her desktop, the emails have not moved.
    I have talked to the IT manager (my wife), and she has looked at permission on the BES server and the VP and I appear to be set up the same. I was wondering: is there an option on the BlackBerry itself that we are missing? Is there maybe some check mark that we may have missed on the BES server that I have and the VP does not?

Thanks,
    02-17-08 12:45 PM
    Thanks,

I will take a look at that option.
    02-17-08 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD