Not sure if this is the right section for this, but...

Normally when one checks emails in Outlook, and the BlackBerry is connected to BES, after a minute or so, the email on the BlackBerry is marked as read.

For some reason, it seems tempermental. More importantly, what would cause this, and how do we correct this?

Any ideas, anyone?

ps: if this is not in the right place, please move it...
    04-25-07 10:03 AM
    I've noticed this also on ours and a few other BES servers I've managed over the last year or so. As long as wireless reconciliation is turned on and the phone has a good signal then everything should be fine. I know that when I make changes in my Calender or Contacts then it shows up within seconds on both Outlook or my BB, depending where i made the change but emails take a longer for some reason.
    04-25-07 10:07 AM
    You know I hadn't even noticed that! I just tested and found that all other methods are fine except this. Interestingly, forcing a reconcile works instantly. Are you guys in cached mode, I am?

Still at WES so can't check logs (well, can't be bothered to). How long till I get back to Magic Kingdom?
    Last edited by stuberry; 05-11-07 at 12:12 AM.
    05-11-07 12:10 AM
    By default the reconciliation period is 15 minutes. What can effect this is using Outlook in cached mode or your current view not being refreshed in Outlook. As a test mark some emails read the do a "Reconcile Now" from the handheld, wait a few moments and do a "Send/Receive" in Outlook and the changes should be applied instantly. Let us know how you go.
    05-16-07 04:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD