We are running BES 4.1.7 and now as part of a project POC, they want to use playbooks to accomplish this?

setting up a mock contacts database that would synchronize automatically with a single Blackberry Playbook for project POC. The data for the contacts would be supplied to me as a CSV file, and would contain approximately 45,000 entries. I need the data to be synchronized in a way that all contact data is loaded onto the playbook, as the information must be accessible even when there is no WiFi or cellular coverage.

will playbooks even work with BES 4.1.7?
    05-16-12 11:08 AM
    We are running BES 4.1.7 and now as part of a project POC, they want to use playbooks to accomplish this?

setting up a mock contacts database that would synchronize automatically with a single Blackberry Playbook for project POC. The data for the contacts would be supplied to me as a CSV file, and would contain approximately 45,000 entries. I need the data to be synchronized in a way that all contact data is loaded onto the playbook, as the information must be accessible even when there is no WiFi or cellular coverage.

will playbooks even work with BES 4.1.7?
    You need Blackberry Mobile Fusion with Blackberry Device Service server. BMF will only work with BES 5.0.x and BES Express 5.0.x, while the BDS needs to be installed on its own server. RIM is moving away from managing email on its future devices and is only going to be securing them.

Otherwise you can set your PB to use ActiveSync to access your corporate email over a wireless network.
    Last edited by smoothrunnings; 05-16-12 at 02:33 PM.
    05-16-12 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD