Hello,

Has anybody already installed a Lotus Domino mail server 8.5.2 in combination with BES 4.1.7.

According to the BlackBerry compatibility list this combination is not certified but I would like to know if there are issues ( and which ?) or do it work like it should.

I 'll need to upgrade my mail server but can't upgrade the BES to Release 5.x

Best Regards,
    Geert
    12-14-10 09:58 AM
    I'm close -- I'm running BPS 4.1.4 with Domino 8.51, with no problems at all.

I've got to figure out how I'm going to upgrade to BES-X while managing to keep things running.
    12-14-10 11:56 PM
    I'm surprised it isn't certified yet? I've tested with 8.5.2 and 4.1.7, no issues for me.

I'd get in touch with your Sales Manager or RIM directly and ask them to verify when it will be or if there are any known issues.

That is the least they can do. They can't expect Admins. to stay @ 8.5.1 just for their sake if 8.5.2 addresses for you in-house.
    12-15-10 12:12 AM
    I'm close -- I'm running BPS 4.1.4 with Domino 8.51, with no problems at all.

I've got to figure out how I'm going to upgrade to BES-X while managing to keep things running.
    Unfortunately you will not be able to upgrade to BES X without stopping services.

The smoothest way will be to install BES X on another machine and then once running re-activate the users handsets on the new server.

If you cannot put BES X on a new machine you will have to remove BPS first then install BES X and then activate the handsets once installed.
    12-15-10 12:02 PM
    Unfortunately you will not be able to upgrade to BES X without stopping services.

The smoothest way will be to install BES X on another machine and then once running re-activate the users handsets on the new server.

If you cannot put BES X on a new machine you will have to remove BPS first then install BES X and then activate the handsets once installed.
    I know -- that's my problem, I'm upgrading one Domino server (from W2K to Linux) via swapping hardware, which will free up the former Domino server box to put W2K3 and BESX. However the current BPS box is a better box, so I'm trying to figure out if I just want to "bite the Bullet" and do an Un/re-install on the Current BPS box, or bring up the retired Domino server temporarily with BPS and then rebuild the curreny BPS box with BESX. There are other issues involved (one being that BESX wants its own Domino server), so it requires some thought and planning.
    12-16-10 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD