Anyone else having issues with BES 10? I'm struggling with this Personal and Work profile thing. I can't seem to find a way to enable texting and BBM from within the Work profile. So my users have to constantly switch back and forth to access their network drives, then back to BBM. It's annoying. Ideally I could do away with Balance all together, but you MUST be in Work profile for network drives to map. Grr.

Another thing is there is as yet no way to stop the Personal mode. While Personal is great for BYOD, for corporate phones, it leaves the phone wide open. Full access to the app store, texting, open web browser, facebook, and everything else I don't want some users getting in to. Very annoying. My old BES 5 let me set up every phone with EXACTLY what I do and do not want users to have access to.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just frustrated and trying to find a reason to keep my BES. I mean all it gives me is network drives, and I could implement Dropbox without too much difficulty for free.
    03-12-13 08:50 AM
    From what I've heard, the full control you're looking for is coming in an update sometime in the spring.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 09:16 AM
    03-12-13 09:35 AM
    I see that BES 10.0 is really just an introductory version to getting OS10 and Playbook devices on, plus Apple and IOS devices.

If in BES 10.1 they will be making it option to make a device work only, they will have to add txt msg'n, and BBM to it before it will be accepted by most companies. Also I am finding that a lot of the BBW OS10 applications won't load into BES10, they really need to address this. Example Bloomberg Anywhere which is for the Z10, I can either go to m.bloomberg.com and download it through their website (which points to the same URL that you'll find if you go to BlackBerry World on your PC and look for it). I noticed other application as well don't work. Basically the server says there is no application at the URL.
    03-12-13 02:15 PM
    Anyone else having issues with BES 10? I'm struggling with this Personal and Work profile thing. I can't seem to find a way to enable texting and BBM from within the Work profile. So my users have to constantly switch back and forth to access their network drives, then back to BBM. It's annoying. Ideally I could do away with Balance all together, but you MUST be in Work profile for network drives to map. Grr.

Another thing is there is as yet no way to stop the Personal mode. While Personal is great for BYOD, for corporate phones, it leaves the phone wide open. Full access to the app store, texting, open web browser, facebook, and everything else I don't want some users getting in to. Very annoying. My old BES 5 let me set up every phone with EXACTLY what I do and do not want users to have access to.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just frustrated and trying to find a reason to keep my BES. I mean all it gives me is network drives, and I could implement Dropbox without too much difficulty for free.
    Re: Personal mode. This is for those you BYOD into a organization they work for and having it put onto the BES server. Personal mode is their own data and their own settings. Work mode is BES10. You can copy a document from Personal to Work but not from Work to Personal... Drawing the line helped BBRY put policies in place to reduce data leakage which is why you don't see BBM and Txt msgs on the work side.

So in your organization if your competition got a hold of your data how much would you stand to lose? Thousands, millions or billions? Data leakage is the probably the number one issue that companies big and small have a hard time controlling, and currently with BES5 with BYOD there is no real way to keep both work and personal separate while keeping the work safe and secure.

I do like the fact that BES10 re-encapsulates the activesync packets into 256bit AES packets before sending them to the BBRY NOC and next to your BB10 device.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    03-12-13 02:25 PM
    You get get them to publish the BBM app in the work mode company store.. not tried it on ours (may do tomorrow)
    03-12-13 05:03 PM
    Moved to BES10 forum
    03-12-13 05:18 PM
    Texting is through HUB, which is available on both sides.

BBM also available in HUB. Keep in mind there are NOT two personas for BBM, which is why it does not appear in the work side. This will use the SAME BBID that was set up originally. If you want a simple shortcut, just have an app that invokes BBM pushed out to all users on the work side, this will make it easier to "SEE" BBM.
    03-12-13 05:21 PM
    I said I get that it's got benefits for BYOD. But that's not for everyone. I liked the way my old BB's were corporate only.

Edit: Yes I see that corporate only is coming, this was in response to smoothrunnings.
    03-12-13 11:24 PM
    BBM is accessible through HUB, good call. It's not as full featured on the Work side however. For example you can't view your contacts without hitting compose, you cannot broadcast except by manually adding everyone to a compose, you can't change your status.

The other current option is you could open BBM on Personal then switch to Work and access all the features from there, however that's a work around and not a solution. I want BBM and Text to work the same on Work as on Personal. It should be possible.
    03-12-13 11:29 PM
    You get get them to publish the BBM app in the work mode company store.. not tried it on ours (may do tomorrow)
    I did this and had a very bad time doing that, and wrote about it here. In short, that didn't work for me, and ended up somehow preventing my Personal BBM from working.
    03-12-13 11:32 PM
    I have a question for you SA, what happens when BES10.1 comes out and companies turn off the personal side of the their devices, how will their employees who use their BBM's for business be able to access BBM? I doubt at this point it will show up in the HUB when the work role is enforce to be the only option on the device.
    03-13-13 11:57 AM
    I did this after figuring out how to add the application to the BES10 server, then creating a new Software profile and adding BBM to it. But even a day later when I open up my BBW Work I don't see BBM populating in it.
    03-13-13 11:59 AM
    I have a question for you SA, what happens when BES10.1 comes out and companies turn off the personal side of the their devices, how will their employees who use their BBM's for business be able to access BBM? I doubt at this point it will show up in the HUB when the work role is enforce to be the only option on the device.
    It will likely be forced to work only and appear there. It is a single instance that defaults to personal but should easily be able to do work side when forced to work only.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 06:58 PM
    I have done this successfully now however when I try to open BBM on the work side it simply tries to open then closes. I am not sure why this is??
    03-15-13 08:20 AM
    Does BBM still work on the Personal side?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 08:40 AM
    Does BBM still work on the Personal side?

Posted via CB10
    It only works on the personal side, for me the Work side app which I downloaded to the work side from BBW Work just opens and closes really quickly when I try to launch it.
    03-15-13 09:43 AM
    That's what happened when I tried, but it also killed my BBM on the Personal side.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 10:38 AM