I'm not asking for free help in setting this up, but just want to know how difficult this would be to set up?

All we need BES 10 for is to give Blackberry 10 devices an internet access policy, which would mean routing it through our work firewall content filter. No Exchange Server needed right? Is this not a simpler install compared to mail server setups etc?

I don't want to hire anyone to do this as we only need it for a few devices. I am the only IT guy for a company of about 50 employees, so I have some IT experience and don't mind figuring things out myself. Am I crazy to tackle this with no former BES experience?

Thanks for any input guys
    10-16-13 05:31 PM
    I'm not asking for free help in setting this up, but just want to know how difficult this would be to set up?

All we need BES 10 for is to give Blackberry 10 devices an internet access policy, which would mean routing it through our work firewall content filter. No Exchange Server needed right? Is this not a simpler install compared to mail server setups etc?

I don't want to hire anyone to do this as we only need it for a few devices. I am the only IT guy for a company of about 50 employees, so I have some IT experience and don't mind figuring things out myself. Am I crazy to tackle this with no former BES experience?

Thanks for any input guys
    Not possible unless you go down the "Regulated Services" route (Personal Space is removed, and you use an IT policy to force the apps through the BDS).

Basically the products is not meant for what you want. Just been involved in a governmental setup and they decided not to be concerned about how the apps in the personal space communicated, as long as the corporate data was secured in the work space.
    galleon likes this.
    10-16-13 05:53 PM
    Is having the Personal Space necessary for personal email accounts such as gmail etc? Other than that, I can't think of any other reason why we would need personal space, at least if you can allow access to all the apps in the app world.
    10-16-13 05:59 PM
    Users cannot install anything in the Work space - only the BES Admin can do so...

Removing the personal space is only for high secure environments, and requires AFAIK a special provisioned SIM/plan - just like the BB OS devices does.

Also the Android runtime is not working in the Work space, so no Skype, Flipboard, ...

Don't go down that route...
    10-16-13 06:08 PM
    Users cannot install anything in the Work space - only the BES Admin can do so...

Removing the personal space is only for high secure environments, and requires AFAIK a special provisioned SIM/plan - just like the BB OS devices does.

Also the Android runtime is not working in the Work space, so no Skype, Flipboard, ...

Don't go down that route...
    Appreciate the advice. I will wait to see what JnetMobile comes up with. They told me their content filter would support BB10 within a few weeks, not sure how they are planning on doing that, according to what you say.
    10-17-13 05:01 PM