Who set it up?

I just did, had some problems setting up email accounts that were used to activate the device on the server..

Ended up creating new emails to activate the phones and then adding my personnal email accounts inside the phones..

Lost gmail contacts and calendar though... if anyone could help me set it up in the server it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and good luck!
    04-18-14 10:34 PM
    Hi, I used one of my spare eas emails to activate it. Where are you stuck when adding?
    dalight13 likes this.
    04-18-14 10:42 PM
    Every time I try to add it, it asks me for the activation password (because I used it at first) so I end up going in advanced mode to select gmail istead of just "email account"

Tell me if you need screenshots I'll get some
    04-18-14 10:57 PM
    Every time I try to add it, it asks me for the activation password (because I used it at first) so I end up going in advanced mode to select gmail istead of just "email account"

Tell me if you need screenshots I'll get some
    Gmail setup on EAS?
    dalight13 likes this.
    04-18-14 11:53 PM
    Oh no that's on the phone.

On EAS every hostname I use does not work... what should I use?
    04-19-14 12:00 AM
    Oh no that's on the phone.

On EAS every hostname I use does not work... what should I use?
    BES 10 Cloud-setup_zpsa4e04a67.png

you'll need to setup your EAS account on that screen first

BES 10 Cloud-bes2_zps353fa7c5.png

and add them here

I use my free outlook.com for my domain EAS service...
    dalight13 likes this.
    04-19-14 12:10 AM
    Thats doesn't fix my gmail problem though no?
    04-19-14 12:17 AM
    Thats doesn't fix my gmail problem though no?
    you need an email account with Exchange Active Sync preferably for your domain name for this to work, it won't work for personal account. I have not tried with Google apps with activated EAS nor I have tried with a freebie outlook.com email address.
    dalight13 likes this.
    04-19-14 12:23 AM
    Ok I fixed my problem for contacts and calendar of Gmail..

Problem was that my password wasn't expired yet... so just pushed a different password with a 1minute expiration and let it expire

Then I was able to create my gmail account as a personal account on the phone..

THANK YOU
    zocster likes this.
    04-19-14 12:33 AM
    I signed up too and so happy to finally have BlackBerry Balance working on my z30. Took a bit of time for me to figure out how to set everything up, but so far so good (having some issues with app installations on the work side, but don't really care). My biggest concern is to have work emails split out from my personal side (the company I work for doesn't have a BES and my work email is just like a personal account).
    04-19-14 01:48 AM
    Yeah, BES10 is awesome.
    I think outlook.com is a better choice then gmail for BES10 Cloud

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-19-14 01:53 AM
    I read somewhere that Gmail disabled EAS for anyone that didn't use it prior to a certain date in 2013... can anyone confirm this?

Posted from my Q10 running on 1GB of RAM
    04-19-14 02:11 AM
    I read somewhere that Gmail disabled EAS for anyone that didn't use it prior to a certain date in 2013... can anyone confirm this?

that's true, but a paid version works just fine, most times...
    04-19-14 02:26 AM
    Is there a remote search option in the paid google apps version?

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-19-14 02:36 AM
    How much data space do we get for backups? Does it work the same as Dropbox where I can backup my photos etc?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 03:45 AM
    How much data space do we get for backups? Does it work the same as Dropbox where I can backup my photos etc?

Posted via CB10
    I guess this is kind of the same question I have. How does this compare to the other cloud storages, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.? Is this something that average consumer should be looking at or is just for businesses?
    04-19-14 12:10 PM
    Hmm BES stands for blackberry enterprise service which basically a mobile device management.

It doesn't store your stuff, it manages your mobile workforce

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    04-19-14 12:16 PM
    Does anyone know how to set it up so that you can make a remember folder that doesn't show up on personal side?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 12:18 PM
    anyone has issues with their BBM and BBID in their personal space? I could not get mine to work yesterday after the phone got hot lol. I am now using my z10 now for this exercise and using my q10 as daily driver, until I work out what went wrong.
    04-19-14 01:29 PM
    anyone has issues with their BBM and BBID in their personal space? I could not get mine to work yesterday after the phone got hot lol. I am now using my z10 now for this exercise and using my q10 as daily driver, until I work out what went wrong.
    Mine was fine.
    04-19-14 01:31 PM
    Had that problem when I installed BBM on the work side... it messed up everything

Fixed it by reinstalling BBM and restarting the phone

zocster likes this.
    04-19-14 03:24 PM
    I see this backfiring lol. I have mixed feeling about the news article and so many people signing up. It is good in the sense that BlackBerry can test their servers, bad in the sense that people are going to screw with their devices, wipe them, lose data, etc and complain all over the boards and to BlackBerry. 90% of people have no business using this lol, especially without documentation and any semblance of understanding of what it is, and how it works.
    04-19-14 04:39 PM
    Agreed there are things that one needs to know before proceeding. I would not run this personally on a daily driver. If you have a spare, sure.

I see this backfiring lol. I have mixed feeling about the news article and so many people signing up. It is good in the sense that BlackBerry can test their servers, bad in the sense that people are going to screw with their devices, wipe them, lose data, etc and complain all over the boards and to BlackBerry. 90% of people have no business using this lol, especially without documentation and any semblance of understanding of what it is, and how it works.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    04-19-14 04:44 PM
    Thanks, I think this answers my question.
    04-21-14 10:59 AM
    I disagree. This essentially allows smaller businesses that did not want to swicth from BES 5 to BES 10, to perform the swicth for free, and only pay for phones. Or pilot it for free. It also allows a small business owner like myself, to set it up, and pilot it for free with zero experience.

I have never had BES or any management software for a dozen employees. I recently switched from google apps for business to office 365. It was easy to set up BES 10 cloud, and I have 2 phones running without issue as a "test". I'm sure there will be users with issues... but I believe this completely eliminates the customer that "wouldn't" switch to BES 10 because of cost / time issues. When the Cloud is updated to BES 12, along with its release as server software.... You will see a much larger adoption rate.

04-22-14 04:06 PM
68 123