Regarding this article...

BES 10.2 rolls out in beta with new updates and services | CrackBerry.com

... does anyone here know what 'Regulated BlackBerry Balance' is ?, presumably a new type of activation ?.

All I can think of is that it may be a new type of activation that allows some modest policy based control of the Personal side of a Balance type of activation ?.
    10-15-13 07:23 AM
    Regarding this article...

BES 10.2 rolls out in beta with new updates and services | CrackBerry.com

... does anyone here know what 'Regulated BlackBerry Balance' is ?, presumably a new type of activation ?.

All I can think of is that it may be a new type of activation that allows some modest policy based control of the Personal side of a Balance type of activation ?.
    Yes, though it remains to be seen how much control. Presumably this could be based on time of day restrictions in the future etc. (which would be excellent)
    10-15-13 07:58 AM
    Yes, though it remains to be seen how much control. Presumably this could be based on time of day restrictions etc.
    Hmm, I wonder what the thought process was at BlackBerry to introduce such a change ?... presumably increased sales / easier than allowing Android apps on the work side etc.

One to keep an eye on I think as there's no way we'd allow Balance on our BB 10 devices but this may be a possibility. Presumably it still requires the number / SIM to be provisioned with the correct services unlike a straight Balance type of activation ?.
    10-15-13 08:20 AM
    Hmm, I wonder what the thought process was at BlackBerry to introduce such a change ?... presumably increased sales / easier than allowing Android apps on the work side etc.

One to keep an eye on I think as there's no way we'd allow Balance on our BB 10 devices but this may be a possibility. Presumably it still requires the number / SIM to be provisioned with the correct services unlike a straight Balance type of activation ?.
    Yes, it opens personal side up to auditing/control from IT, but allows the users more access than work side only. So in your case, this seems like it may be a good fit. It would still require, again presumably, the regulated plan from your carrier.
    10-15-13 08:21 AM