might as well get this thread started up.

I've installed the new ios apps (Work Connect for BES10 and Work Browser for BES10) and am downloading the bes_10.1.1 update. I will update this as I go.

Denny
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-25-13 06:43 AM
    created vm snapshot - check
    blatant disregard for documentation - check
    06-25-13 07:24 AM
    upgrading the database - check
    installing.....

cool interactive graphics on their website inside this course thinger. https://www.blackberry.com/lms/item/...f-266beca55250
    06-25-13 08:06 AM
    so far so good. this was extremely easy and smooth so far. my BMS dashboard pop outs still wont export.
    06-25-13 08:41 AM
    Holy smokes, how long as that Work Connect App been out? I can't believe I missed any announcement on it.
    06-25-13 08:52 AM
    Heh, looks like it was just today... helps if I read the main page instead of going right to the forums.
    06-25-13 08:54 AM
    Where did you find 10.1.1. I have a demo and a produciton BB10.1 up and running and the only thing I can find when I try to download the version with secure workspace is a 60 day trial. Is that what I download? That won't turn my servers into a trial server, will it?

might as well get this thread started up.

I've installed the new ios apps (Work Connect for BES10 and Work Browser for BES10) and am downloading the bes_10.1.1 update. I will update this as I go.

Denny
    06-25-13 09:49 AM
    06-25-13 09:59 AM
    Thanks! I was just coming back to post that I found it!
    06-25-13 10:03 AM
    You can apply a work space profile to user accounts to separate the work data and personal data on
    users' iOS and Android
    devices. Applying a work space profile allows you to manage the work data on devices and helps to
    keep work information secure. Users are required to use a password to access the work space on the
    device. Data that is used by any of the apps in the work space is saved securely and cannot be
    accessed outside of the work space.

When you apply a work space profile to a user account, the user is prompted to create a work space
    password and to install the following apps on their device:
    For iOS devices:

� Work Connect for email, calendar, and contacts
    � Work Browser
    � Documents To Go for securely viewing and editing work documents

For Android devices:

� BES10 Manager for managing the work space
    � Work Connect for browser, email, calendar, and contacts
    � Documents To Go for securely viewing and editing work documents
    If users have an existing Microsoft ActiveSync profile for work email on the device, it is removed
    from the device and installed in the work space.

You can complete the following tasks:

� Create work space apps.
    � Install and manage work space apps on devices.
    � Control specific behaviors of the work space on devices, such as password requirements and
    connection preferences by applying a work space IT policy to user accounts. When you apply the work
    space profile to user accounts, a default work space IT policy is automatically applied to the
    devices.
    � Use IT administration commands to reset the work space password, or delete the work space on
    devices.
    slideaway likes this.
    06-25-13 10:10 AM
    I am finding the BES 10.1.1 download is timing out at 383MB.

Note, if you have BES 10.0 you need to install BES 10.1 before going to BES 10.1.1 as it clearly states on the download site.
    06-25-13 10:30 AM
    I found that the 10.0 to 10.1 was pretty straight foward and quick.. I did it over the lunch hour..

Then again i made a snapshot so i could quickly undo my ****up if needed

Gonna do the same with 10.1.1.
    06-25-13 10:54 AM
    Updating to 10.1.1 on my demo server right now. I don't have any device CALs other then BB10 cals, so I need to figure that out.
    06-25-13 11:01 AM
    I just need to get the work space configured

EDIT - what am i doing wrong? I dont see a work space it policy pane

Create a work space IT policy
    1. On the menu bar, click Library.
    2. In the Work Space IT Policy pane, click the + icon.
    3. Type a name and description for the work space IT policy.
    Advanced Administration Guide Setting up device controls
    Last edited by deebo550; 06-25-13 at 12:34 PM.
    06-25-13 11:08 AM
    Deeboo, I think you don't have SWS Licenses, have you?

With no SWS Licenses installed you don't see this profile in the UDS console....

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 01:34 PM
    Do the new apps replace the BES10 and Work Apps that I previously installed?
    06-25-13 03:37 PM
    Deeboo, I think you don't have SWS Licenses, have you?

With no SWS Licenses installed you don't see this profile in the UDS console....

Posted via CB10
    Ok that would make sense then. I figured it would still be there in the console but just not functional without a sws license

I would think that with all my 10.1 ios/android/bb10 licenses it would all be the same.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 04:06 PM
    Ok that would make sense then. I figured it would still be there in the console but just not functional without a sws license

I would think that with all my 10.1 ios/android/bb10 licenses it would all be the same.

Posted via CB10
    I had to install the EMM SWS Trial CAL that came with the new download and then reboot the server in order to see teh Workspace IT policy in UDS console. I am unable to see just Work SPace though or add a profile to it. It just has a down arrow to the right of it. I am unable to add a workspace to my ipad after removing it.
    06-25-13 04:19 PM
    is it me or does it seem like you cant buy a 10.1 cal at the moment and can only get the trials...... maybe they took the 10.1 cals offline so you cant purchase them until they get the new ones up. I sure hope I can convert most of my licenses from EMM Corporate to SWS. I have 60 licenses at the moment and the majority I would like to have the secure container.

EMM – Corporate for BlackBerry
    You can activate the following devices and features:
    • BlackBerry 10 devices and BlackBerry PlayBook tablets that use BlackBerry
    Balance technology
    • Devices that run BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.1 or later and have a service
    plan that supports work space only devices

EMM – Corporate
    • BlackBerry 10 devices and BlackBerry PlayBook tablets that use BlackBerry
    Balance technology
    • Devices that run BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.1 or later and have a service
    plan that supports work space only devices
    • iOS devices and Android devices without a work space

Secure Work Space
    • iOS devices and Android devices with a work space
    • iOS devices and Android devices without a work space
    06-25-13 04:38 PM
    Can you just get Trial CALs? I have a production server so I just want a few trial CALs to test out the workspace.

So far in the UDS I configured all the profiles and added myself. (I had to do it from the weird UDS interface, not the Management Studio)

It sends and email with a URL you need to manually type into your iPhone to get a certificate (Not very smooth...) then it tells you to download the BB10 client, once I do that it just loads up and says I need to configure a workspace and won't let me do anything.... I imagine it's checking the NOC to see if I have any licenses?
    06-25-13 04:55 PM
    I did a trial request and got 50 secure work space trial cals... time to let er rip.
    06-25-13 05:03 PM
    Can you just get Trial CALs? I have a production server so I just want a few trial CALs to test out the workspace.

So far in the UDS I configured all the profiles and added myself. (I had to do it from the weird UDS interface, not the Management Studio)

It sends and email with a URL you need to manually type into your iPhone to get a certificate (Not very smooth...) then it tells you to download the BB10 client, once I do that it just loads up and says I need to configure a workspace and won't let me do anything.... I imagine it's checking the NOC to see if I have any licenses?

yeah you can get trial cals like i just did.

basically you go to https://us.bbsecure.com/your SRP/ca number assuming youre in the US. that will install the cert onto the ios device.
    then you open bes10 client and type us.bbsecure.com/yourSRP in to set things up. then it should go from there.....
    06-25-13 05:06 PM
    What I don't understand is how BlackBerry thinks offering iOS and Android device SWS CALs for 99 is a good investment? Most small to medium size businesses prefer per-user CALs and not per-device ones. Either way after shopping around I noticed some companies like Mas360 which at the stop end of the Gartner report for MDM solutions charges less than BlackBerry.
    deiop likes this.
    06-25-13 09:24 PM
    I like the updates but seriously. Every update has changed the licensing method. Seems like whoever decides the licensing scheme is a case of ADD. Just pick a scheme and stick to it...at least for more than two months!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 09:49 PM
    I did a trial request and got 50 secure work space trial cals... time to let er rip.
    Weird, I did too but just got one, but I wonder if I did the wrong thing.

UPDATE: I'm dumb. Once I imported it, i saw that it was actually 50.
    Last edited by tk-093; 06-26-13 at 08:52 AM.
    06-26-13 08:39 AM
48 12