"The incredibly secure Android Platform"
    ...that's what they are saying on their web site. Apparently exclusive to Bell customers
    Bell is now Promoting Samsung KNOX-samsung-knox.jpg
    Samsung KNOX is a mobile security solution ideal for businesses of any size offering multi-tiered security model, device management capabilities, and enterprise features.
    Samsung KNOX is specifically designed for Android-based Samsung superphones and provides enhanced security at the Operating System level to prevent malware attacks. IT administrators can ensure the security of corporate data and remotely manage devices and offer support, without invading the privacy of employees personal data.
    Samsung KNOX uses the container technology that allows users to switch between their work app and personal app environment - by simply tapping on an icon.

Globally, Bell is the first carrier offering Samsung KNOX to its customers. Samsung KNOX offers:
    A secure environment within the mobile device, complete with its own home screen, launcher, applications, and widgets
    A powerful solution to the �data leakage� problem associated with employees using their own device for work
    Enhanced security for open-source Android platform, for protection against external threats and malware.

Samsung KNOX | Bell Mobile for Business

Now that Carriers are stepping foward and promoting such sevices .... Where is BlackBerry BES10 in that carriers promoting game?
    We all know that carriers generaly highly promote Samsung and/or Apple devices, with the results we know today. So what if they now push on Samsung KNOX solution as opposed to BES10 solution?

..In my mind this is quite bad, especially considering that Bell and BlackBerry are both Canadian companies .
    12-05-13 10:42 AM
    Carriers are going to promote whatever makes them money.

Does KNOX require a special "plan" that carrier make more on? Or is it special hardware they can charge more for? or just a software installation?
    milo53 likes this.
    12-05-13 10:55 AM
    Carriers are going to promote whatever makes them money.

Does KNOX require a special "plan" that carrier make more on? Or is it special hardware they can charge more for? or just a software installation?
    I agree that it is driven by the money, and that's my concern.
    Assuming that Samsung is giving good incentives to carriers to promote Knox, then it may end up that Samsung Knox may give a hard time to Blackberry, who's don't need it these days.

I'm not sure on the hardware / software plans they are offering.
    Note that it is offer for their business customer section, obviously not really for the regular customers section.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 11:52 AM
    Why would you want the imitators of the container idea and not the innovators. Bes is the best solution.

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    12-05-13 12:35 PM
    Why would you want the imitators of the container idea and not the innovators. Bes is the best solution.

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    For sure BES10 is far superior, it is renowned for its security and it is not limited to specific devices. Today, Samsung Knox solution is only for Samsung devices running specific Android OS.

The question is more like; why would you promote a solution like that one, while for years you were trying to get away from such system in the past (referring to BIS).

During the past ~10 years they were using the BIS services which also requires selling BlackBerry devices (services that carriers hates to paid fees for).
    Now they are looking at promoting Samsung KNOX service, which will also requires only Samsung devices..??

Then should BlackBerry still considered carriers as their business model "partner"?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 02:18 PM
    Today, Samsung Knox solution is only for Samsung devices running specific Android OS.

The question is more like; why would you promote a solution like that one, while for years you were trying to get away from such system in the past (referring to BIS).

BlackBerry got BIS to be deployed all over the world at a time when they had very strong market power and they were in a position to dictate their own proprietary solutions.

BlackBerry is no longer in that market position, but Samsung is.

Ergo, Samsung is able to push a proprietary solution and get traction with it because they make more money and build more devices than any other handheld maker in the world right now. (In fact, I think they actually make more profit from smartphones than the next 10 competitors COMBINED.)

Further, they go far beyond where BlackBerry ever was: not only do they build their own hardware, from a hardware perspective they are nearly a vertically integrated company. Even if you don't buy their handheld devices, the device you ARE using probably has Samsung components inside of it.
    12-11-13 08:37 PM
    BlackBerry got BIS to be deployed all over the world at a time when they had very strong market power and they were in a position to dictate their own proprietary solutions.

BlackBerry is no longer in that market position, but Samsung is.

Ergo, Samsung is able to push a proprietary solution and get traction with it because they make more money and build more devices than any other handheld maker in the world right now. (In fact, I think they actually make more profit from smartphones than the next 10 competitors COMBINED.)

Further, they go far beyond where BlackBerry ever was: not only do they build their own hardware, from a hardware perspective they are nearly a vertically integrated company. Even if you don't buy their handheld devices, the device you ARE using probably has Samsung components inside of it.
    BlackBerry is definitely no longer in that position, which Samsung might be today.
    But the market picture has also changed. At the time BlackBerry was almost the only one that was offering email/data communication, which is definitively not the case today.
    So the question should not be see if Samsung should have proposed such system....
    ...Buy why should carriers promote such solution that is somehow aged (10 years old concept) and no longer adapted to today's realities.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 08:38 AM
    BlackBerry is definitely no longer in that position, which Samsung might be today.
    But the market picture has also changed. At the time BlackBerry was almost the only one that was offering email/data communication, which is definitively not the case today.
    So the question should not be see if Samsung should have proposed such system....
    ...Buy why should carriers promote such solution that is somehow aged (10 years old concept) and no longer adapted to today's realities.

Posted via CB10
    Just to add on my reflection, I just went to Videotron and they told me that they don't offer iPhone because their main business is focused around Samsung devices, which they don't want to compromised (considering that Samsung is presently in an increasing market while iPhone is more on a dropping market) .
    So might be an offensive from Bell to get a better competitive position regarding Samsung products, and trying to distance their competition in that highly profitable business.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 08:45 AM
    Now it's on!

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 01:23 AM
    For sure BES10 is far superior, it is renowned for its security and it is not limited to specific devices. Today, Samsung Knox solution is only for Samsung devices running specific Android OS.

Posted via CB10
    I'll agree and you're preaching to the choir, 80% of members on this board are members of that choir

The issue here is that with reps not providing or promoting BB10 devices then mire focus to Android and Samsung get the focus. This'll kick BlackBerry in the balls in the USA if carriers partner with Samsung for KNOX I'm the USA!!

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 01:26 AM