Due to below mentioned sql issues, your bes will be left broken as the installer removes the old apps before upgrading sql and installing new apps.

Part of the upgrade runs the following sql statement
    IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys.indexes WHERE name = N'UX_defSfwrR_dvcOs_dvcRadio')
    BEGIN
    CREATE UNIQUE NONCLUSTERED INDEX UX_defSfwrR_dvcOs_dvcRadio
    ON def_software_release(id_device_os, id_device_radio)
    WHERE id_device_os IS NOT NULL
    AND id_device_radio IS NOT NULL;
    END

this fails as apparently the previous scripts didn't clean up the previous keys
    The CREATE UNIQUE INDEX statement terminated because a duplicate key was found for the object name 'dbo.def_software_release' and the index name 'UX_defSfwrR_dvcOs_dvcRadio'. The duplicate key value is (131, 63).
    The statement has been terminated.

If anyone wants to mess with sql at their own risk, the previous command which was supposed to clean this up is:

/* Drop existing text column - existing data of no consequence as database version with field has not been included in a release and has had limited testing applied since time of introduction */
    IF EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys.indexes WHERE name = N'UX_defSfwrR_deviceOSRadio')
    BEGIN
    DROP INDEX dbo.def_software_release.UX_defSfwrR_deviceOSRadio ;
    END

I have opened an incident with BlackBerry already
    Solved with KB000037353
    Last edited by zocster; 09-08-15 at 09:50 AM. Reason: updated title after BB provided fix
    edwintg likes this.
    08-29-15 12:13 AM
    Thanks, keep us posted with the result!

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
    08-29-15 12:23 AM
    We ran into the same issue....

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 11:11 PM
    We ran into the same issue....

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to hear. Below is the important parts of the response from tech working on it for us

"I was able to identify the issue within the database.... I was able to find within dbo.def_software_release - It looks as if you have the definition of a device software version that had a previous radio version in it, normally the radio versions are updated with the software versions and not a downgrade. I believe this information is also pulled from the device.xml file but will need to confirm. "

Apparently will do a test and compare tomorrow then check with senior agent to deploy sql repair script.

In meantime I have restored my db to before the attempted upgrade, spun up a new windows server vm and reinstalled bes12.2 and pointed to the restored db. All is fine

Beware reinstalling bes12.2 on same server as there is a separate bug in that which creates new server id instead of reusing the existing one, and ends in some bes services not starting. Currently, create new server and use different computer name. May be able to reuse existing server and just rename it and reboot before reinstall but I haven't tested, though should work in theory.

Posted via CB with my Passport to productivity
    08-30-15 11:46 PM
    An updated sql script has been provided. I'll be testing on mine likely friday eve. Mr2 with the fix included should be out soon, and an official kb will be posted.

09-02-15 11:49 PM
    This was a production release? I can't believe they pushed it out with that in there. It reminds me of them pushing out the passport screen flicker update.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    09-03-15 01:19 AM
    This was a production release? I can't believe they pushed it out with that in there. It reminds me of them pushing out the passport screen flicker update.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    Not all bes12.2 upgrades are affected. Looks like a scenario they didn't test with certain info in some tables they were adjusting.
    But yes, big whoopsie along with 12.2 installing java 8.40 with upgrades enabled by default.
    Somebody gonna get a hurt real bad...

09-03-15 02:03 AM
    Now that I've had a chance to try the repaired sql as part of the installer... it works!!!

Moderator, can you adjust title to state -fix avail from BB

Last edited by Rodney Wilder; 09-05-15 at 01:51 AM.
    09-05-15 01:24 AM
    Do you have a link to the kb thanks!

09-05-15 02:14 AM
    Do you have a link to the kb thanks!

They have yet to put up the KB unfortunately. As soon as it's up, I'll post back

zocster likes this.
    09-05-15 10:18 AM
    http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000037353

zocster and highos like this.
    09-08-15 09:41 AM