Looking for someone who has a priv running in BES 12. I'm trying to put priv apps on an android S6 and everything works except for splat notifications (red asterisk)

So priv on BES12. What activation type are you using?

Do your spat notifications work when receiving email?

Any additional info you can provide? Did you have to do anything special to make it work?

Thanks,

Roveer
    06-29-16 05:06 PM
    Yes my priv is enterprises on BES12.4. What do you want to know?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 03:03 AM
    Yes my priv is enterprises on BES12.4. What do you want to know?

Posted via CB10
    2 questions:

1. When you receive email to your corporate email account on your priv does the email icon give the Red Asterisk? That's called the 'splat' or splat notification.

2. What is the Activation Type your BES 12 install on your priv? Could be any of the following:
    MDM
    Work & Personal - user settings (secure work space)
    Work & Personal - full control (secure work space)
    or something different?

Thanks,

Roveer
    06-30-16 03:26 PM
    Priv's+12.4+AFW+BB SCP

Activation type: Work and personal - user privacy*(Android for Work*- Premium)

Red splat notification when emails are received.

Did you toggle email notification on in the hub settings?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    zocster likes this.
    07-02-16 01:31 AM
    So let me ask.

With Android for Work (which I have not set up). Do you get a personal side and a work side? From the reading that I just did, it seems like it does, just like all the other emm solutions. Again, from my reading you can have work icons on your personal side. If you have the work HUB on the personal side do the splats work there?

In my current setup splats only work when I'm in the work container (KNOX) and if I copy the icon to the personal side it works, but no splat notifications.

What I'm looking to do is try to avoid having to bounce back and forth between 2 partitions on the phone just to get my email. That's how the "secure work space & Knox" types require. With my current setup I was able to put KNOX icons on my personal side and set KNOX to only require a password once after a reboot. Then the icons would launch the KNOX app (hub) and let me see my company email. This makes the phone look like stock android.

Problem with this setup is that the message notification (splat) only displays on the icon in the KNOX container not the one on the personal side.

Since I'm doing this all in test I think I should give the configuration you are using a shot and see how it goes. Every time I went into the android for work config in BESAdmin I got a headache with the whole google project/domain thing and would walk away. Guess I have to go back for another look.

Thanks for the info. As it turns out rather than just getting splat working I've found a number of "unread" counters that put numbers of unread messages next to the icons which makes it even more useful.

Roveer
    Last edited by Roveer; 07-02-16 at 10:57 AM.
    07-02-16 10:27 AM
    There is no specific side like SWS. All apps are in one area but work apps have a permanent red brief case in the top right corner. Both work and personal emails are setup in the work hub and disabled the android divide productivity suite.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-02-16 07:59 PM
    I got android for work configured, go my BB Priv apps working and replaced the splats with msg counts. Even got rid of the ugly red briefcases on my work icons. Thanks for all the info you provided.

Anyone using PRIV on BES 12?  Need some info on notifications-screenshot_20160704-125307-1-.jpg
    07-04-16 12:00 PM