Do any of the companies offering hosted exchange services, like mailstreet, implement besx? the idea is to pay only for the hosted exchange without paying the carrier for a bes plan - i'm a single user one man office, and the diiference pricewise is substantial.
    03-10-10 02:55 AM
    I doubt it. You can't OTA activate a BB that is on a BIS plan. If a hosted BES company were to offer BESX, you'd have to ship them your BB everytimeyou need to activate, or they'd need to give you acces to the web based DM, inside their network.
    03-10-10 09:27 AM
    I see, OK thanks for the info
    03-10-10 10:23 AM
    Moving to Business Users
    03-10-10 10:30 AM
    I doubt it. You can't OTA activate a BB that is on a BIS plan. If a hosted BES company were to offer BESX, you'd have to ship them your BB everytimeyou need to activate, or they'd need to give you acces to the web based DM, inside their network.
    you would need a BES plan from your carrier, but can certainly OTA activate a BES blackberry, that's how I activate my fleet. you set an activation password on the server, then on the BB you go to options->advanced->enterprise activation, enter the email address and password and click activate. then you sit back and watch the BB do the rest. I never plug any of our BBs in to the server or the users' desktops.
    03-10-10 10:41 AM
    ^ isn't the whole point of BESX is so you can get some BES services on a BIS plan?
    03-10-10 12:11 PM
    you would need a BES plan from your carrier, but can certainly OTA activate a BES blackberry, that's how I activate my fleet. you set an activation password on the server, then on the BB you go to options->advanced->enterprise activation, enter the email address and password and click activate. then you sit back and watch the BB do the rest. I never plug any of our BBs in to the server or the users' desktops.
    Did you read the OP's message?? He's asking for hosted BESX because he does not want a BES data plan.
    03-10-10 03:22 PM
    Yes, that's right, the idea was to avoid the need for upgrading to a BES plan and using hosted services instead of investing in on site exchange. But if you can't activate a BIS client OTA that pretty much rules it out.
    03-10-10 04:25 PM
    Interesting. I was unaware of this
    03-13-10 04:48 AM
    So soes anyone know of any companies that would offer BESX solution. Here is what exchangemymail is saying:
    Still waiting for Rim to allow us to offer the BESX. We cannot at this point.
    Thank you -
    (22/04/2010)

Seems like exchangemymail is willing to make the step, but that they are waiting for RIM to allow it.
    04-23-10 03:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD