I have my own personal BlackBerry Professional Server. I have all the settings in the Security policy section turned down.

But still I have a Red padlock on Enable/Disable the Firewall. Since this is my own BlackBerry, Server, and I am a developer, there have been legitimate reasons I want to disable this from time to time.

But I can't figure this out! What policy do I need to set to allow for this?

If you are a BES admin instead, I would like to hear if you know (it might be similar for me) what you would set in the Policies to allow for that?

Thanks!
    01-10-09 10:37 AM
    Any thoughts?
    01-12-09 11:18 PM
    I'm a BES admin.. what is it you plan on doing that you think the FW is blocking it?

I'm familiar with all the policies and will tell you if it's a FW setting or another policy that you need to enable.

the only "Firewall Policies" there are, is to restrict inbound/outbound calls from fixed dialing patterns.
    01-19-09 04:05 PM
    I have a blackberry storm that was connected to my BES, in which I took off the server since it was my own personal phone and was unable to use certain features on my phone. My company advised me that they would not be able to give me my rights back to my own personal phone and forwarded me a link to remove the IT policy. What it didn't include in that policy was the firewall, which is preventing me to use my visual voicemail. How can this problem be resolved?
    01-22-09 10:46 PM
    bumpity bump bump
    07-30-09 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD