So far we had five users with BB Z10 and Q10 who were traveling internationally have experienced issue while accessing email. All the users were setup via Active Sync for corporate emails. Once they land to their final destination which has been China, Australia and Colombia. They will receive 4G or 4g connectivity but no emails. They will be receive their personal emails like gmail, yahoo, etc but no corporate emails. It will take about 20 minutes before they start seeing corporate emails. After about an hour or so the device will stop receiving emails. The only fix is to manually remove email corporate email account and re-add it on the device. Once we are resetup the account then everything works normal throughout their stay. We are running exch 2007. Z10s are running 10.1.0.2006 build and we are on T-Mobile network. Has anyone experience similar issue ?

Thanks,

Bhavik
    08-06-13 01:36 PM
    wow that is an odd issue indeed. I would also think its a serverside issue but I dont have that exact knowledge. What about on wifi? Any troubles with it and the email?
    08-06-13 02:43 PM
    Matt..I can ask them to connect to wifi once they get to their hotel on the next trip. I also thought originally maybe it is server side but started looking into it more and we have folks who travel international on T-Mobile iPhones and have never complained about accessing emails so i am back to focusing on the OS. I do have these issue open on blackberry forums so far no luck. Will see if we can get anywhere with this. We have about 12 devices deployed so far q10s and z10s and so far 3 z10s and 1 q10 has reported this issue.
    08-06-13 05:30 PM
    There are both policies in BES(i think) but deff in exchange in activesync policies which can restrict auto download of messages whilst roaming. As it's a few people it points more server setting / policy than phone.
    What about activesync connection no bes policy as a test?
    08-07-13 04:21 PM
    Theses users are not on BES. Their active sync policies allows them to download messsages automatically while roaming. Before I applied the policy there was a note under email settings that said manual sync required when roaming and once I applied the policy that note disappeared so it should work.
    08-08-13 08:42 AM
    This issue still exists - both international and domestic roaming (within India). All other data services (Gmail, FB, Twitter, BBM, etc) works perfectly but no emails on the ActiveSynch account at all. There are spurts of emails every 2-3 hrs and then it goes into a dead mode again, which is right now proving to be disappointing for a system which has been beneficial for emails - on the road. Have also tried re-setting the corp account and it helped for an hour or so, but that too goes into the same "no emails" mode. Would be great if someone here could suggest an easy fix asap or these new devices will become junk sooner than later. If anything that needs a fix from the BES server side to keep Q10 active on emails, that could be helpful as well. Kindly suggest. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 03:10 AM