Hey everyone,

My company is trialing access to our business email and calendar functions on personal phones via BES12. I own an Android smartphone (marshmallow 6.0) and an LG Urbane watch.

Prior to enrolling in the program, I was able to use the smart lock function of Android to keep my phone unlocked through proximity to my smart watch. Since joining the program, I am obligated to use a passcode, which is rather annoying to say the least.

I spoke to the administrator and he said he'd be happy to activate device-based smart unlocks for android, but that he was unable to locate the feature in the BES12 back office.

Has anyone run into a similar issue before?

Thanks!
    12-16-15 08:09 AM
    I just starting to test 12.3 and I am unaware of the function to only allow smart lock by BES or any other MDM/EMM to supersede the passcode policies., i've also tested Airwatch, IBM, Citrix a don't recall this feature.

As I understand it, the lock/passcode requirements issued by the MDM/EMM will supersede all other passcode set by the user (no matter which level of licence is use by the administrator).

With all due respect, I suspect your admin is attempting to be helpful but the future is not here yet.
    12-17-15 08:09 AM