Hi there,
    I'm the BES manager for a small business (20 users) of which the CFO would like to be able to access his personal gmail account and reply FROM the gmail account, separately from his corporate email.

I have searched and not found much helpful information. A few posts indicate you CAN receive gmail and corporate messages (albeit in the same messages folder), one said that it wasnt necessary to have your gmail redirected to your corporate account (!) but I cannot find anything about how to set that up in my IT policy, or how to enable him to choose what email address to reply or send from.

I have just read in this post that BIS and BES can coexist. Do I need to sign up for the BIS if we are running BES or does having BES with our mobile providor automatically give us access to BIS services? Please excuse my ignorange!!

Any clarification/specificity/help would be much appreciated.

Regards.
    Last edited by animasana; 05-15-08 at 05:28 PM. Reason: read blackberryforums post, typos
    05-15-08 05:14 PM
    According to www mtn dot co dot za slash default.aspx?pid=235712#a_258435, you can be connected to BES and BIS at the same time as long as your provider configures your account correctly.
    05-16-08 01:56 PM
    I have bes and bis on my 8330, however, I use the gmail app for my gmail account, that keeps it totally separate and lets me use my contacts in my gmail account.

it is no big deal to connect to gmail via pop as well but then the messages all go to the same inbox on the BB.
    05-27-08 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD