First time poster here. Just bought a new tour. I know this is probably not in the right forum but I was wondering if you guys could help. On the mobile site I am having a hard time finding the free ringtone link. I emailed myself a couple of the ringtones but the link just brings me to the crackberry mobile site. Any help would be great. Thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 04:35 AM
    And I meant to say the link brings me to the homepage of the mobile site everytime. Thanks

08-18-09 04:36 AM
    You can always download the ringtone and transfer it to your BB via USB.
    08-18-09 05:55 AM
    That is what I mean. I sent it via email through the site but when I go to save the link like the tutorial on this website shows, it just brings me back to the crackberry mobile hompage.

Also I was reading the instructions and was looking at the manager thing. I am not sure how to access that on my comp. Any help is awesome. Thanks guys

08-18-09 12:15 PM
    or you can always go to Free ringtones - download ringtones from MyTinyPhone.com
    and find just about any song you want.

and if you go to Google and search "make your own ringtone" then i'm sure you will have tons of things to choose from.
    08-18-09 12:38 PM
    That is what I mean. I sent it via email through the site but when I go to save the link like the tutorial on this website shows, it just brings me back to the crackberry mobile hompage.

Also I was reading the instructions and was looking at the manager thing. I am not sure how to access that on my comp. Any help is awesome. Thanks guys

You're going about this the wrong way. All you need to do is on your computer go to Crackberry.com, select Free Blackberry Ringtones from the Downloads & Tools section at the top, select the ringtone of choice, download it to your computer.

Then hook up your BB via USB to your computer. If you have a media card installed in your phone, it should come up as a removable drive on your computer. Open up that drive and you should have a Blackberry folder. Open that folder up and you should see multiple folders (i.e. music, ringtones, videos, etc.) drag your ringtone file and put in the ringtones folder.

Disconnect your BB from your computer and select Profiles. select the desired profile and select Edit. Select "Phone" and highlight Ringtone and select it. You should see your ringtone in the list, otherwise select browse.

Hope this helps.
    08-18-09 03:37 PM
    That helped a lot. The only part I couldn't do is I couldn't see a ringtones folder.

I put it in the music folder. There was only music and slacker under my blackberry options.

Is there any way to make it an individual ringtone from the music folder, or did I do it all wrong? Thanks again.
    08-18-09 04:18 PM
    Looking at it now, I have seen the tutorial and have looked on several different websites at the steps you must take, and I do not have a ringtones folder.

Just a music one and a slacker one.

What gives?
    08-18-09 04:31 PM
    ok so I am figuring out one new step about every six to seven hours or so.

I guess I had to enable mass media storage, and now a whole different list of items shows up. Now I have ringtones and a ton of different folders.
    08-18-09 05:19 PM
    lol oh ok... I was going to say you could always create a new folder and labeled it ringtones.

Hope this helps.
    08-18-09 08:26 PM
    when i get on the crack berry website I want to download a ringtone and when i try and click on the download and tools tab it wont open is there something i am doing wrong
    08-22-09 02:18 AM
    Myxer - Download Ringtones and More
    Upload your own MP3's, and send them to your phone.
    Click on the link, save the ringtone.
    08-22-09 02:40 AM
    Great links!
    08-22-09 03:24 AM
    Now that I have downloaded a ringtone into my BB, how do i make it the RINGTONE for the phone when the phone rings?
    08-27-09 04:21 PM
    Now that I have downloaded a ringtone into my BB, how do i make it the RINGTONE for the phone when the phone rings?
    Open Media, scroll to ringtones, click the trackball, go to My Ring Tones, click the trackball, scroll to the ringtone, click the Blackberry button, scroll down to Set As Ring Tone, and click the trackball.
    08-27-09 04:38 PM
    I normally go to Myxer or Phone Zoo
    08-27-09 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD