There are a number of free ring tones here at crackberry (thank you very much) But how are the quality of them? I had another cell phone and went onto my myxer and downloaded them to my cell phone and some of them were so soft I could barely here them.. Conversely, the ESPN ring tone that I downloaded and paid for is awesome...

Just wondering,

Thanks
    01-25-09 05:51 PM
    Just because it is free, that doesn't mean the quality is worse. If you aren't satisfied with those, try Audiko
    01-25-09 06:11 PM
    The quality is great! All my ring tones are from crackberry and they are loud enough, clear and long enough.

You can preview them on the computer first before sending them to your berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 06:13 PM
    I been loving the free ringtones...thanks crackberry!

01-25-09 06:13 PM
    Some are softer than others. You should try them out and experiment...it doesn't cost anything

01-25-09 06:18 PM
    I'll have to check them out...
    01-25-09 06:20 PM
    I use the ringtones from this site as well. They are of very good quality. Also check out the wallpapers
    01-25-09 06:25 PM
    I make most of my ringtones because I was having trouble finding ones that fit what I wanted. They were either to quiet, to long, or just not the song I wanted.

It really isn't that hard. Takes me about 3 minutes once I know which part of the song I want.

01-25-09 06:41 PM
    Just because it is free, that doesn't mean the quality is worse. If you aren't satisfied with those, try Audiko
    Duvi I didn't mean to be insulting... That was not my intention.. I was just wondering.. I love the selection and was wondering from users what their first hand experience is.
    01-25-09 07:38 PM
    Tones from here are fine. I have several. I also use zedge.com for the sound effect tones, those are all that interest me. I guess they are alert styles or sms tones. Great stuff.
    01-25-09 07:40 PM
    nice site... just downloaded me several songs. May even make my own. Thanks for the site info.
    01-25-09 07:54 PM
    You can use Audacity or mp3gain to increase any mp3 file's volume if it isn't loud enough. Just increase the gain setting and save the file.

Don't overdo it though, at the least, you will introduce distortion, at the most, you could damage the phone's speaker.
    01-25-09 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD