Hey everyone!

I have Verizon and I've heard rumors that you cannot get free ringtones because of having that carrier. Like, on free ringtone sites such as mytinyphone.com I tried to get free ringtones via text and I get nada. I have tried so many free ringtone sites and nothing will work for me! I sorta think its because Verizon won't let you obtain free ringtones (or so I've heard). I just want ringtones sent to my phone in text formation and I just want to know:
    1. Is it true: you can't get free ringtones because Verizon won't let you?
    2. If so, why?
    3. Any site you know where I can get free ringtones via text? (well maybe that's a stupid hope because obviously it's already not working to get them sent via text...)

Well, anything helps! Thanks so much.
    07-06-09 01:14 AM
    i use mymyxr.com ( I think thats spelled right) and text myself ringtones
    you can even make your own there. which is what I do.
    So I don't think its a vzw thing.
    07-06-09 01:16 AM
    I edit songs to be short enough to be ringtones then load them onto my phone.

Oh and I don't think its a verizon thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 01:34 AM
    It depends on the phone I think. On a lot of the LG phones, its harder to get ringtones to work even from the memory card. That's just from experience tho.

07-06-09 01:41 AM
    Have you tried 3g4free.com , Myxer.com like what was said before , or phonezoo.com
    07-06-09 02:03 AM
    I have Verizpn and havent had any issues at all with ringtones..
    07-06-09 02:23 AM
    Phonezoo let's you create your own or you can download ones they have there.
    I also have this thing called music box that I got off of BBapp world. It works well
    07-06-09 02:38 AM
    It actually is a Verizon thing because Verizon just now after about a year let Myxertones send ring-tones by text.

Some may think that Verizon has seen the light. That's not true because even though you can get ring tones sent directly to your Verizon phone now through myxertones, Verizon will only let myxertones give you a limited # of songs.

I am pretty sure it is because if Verizon offers that song/band through get it now then they want you to buy it from them.

The reason I know this is because I searched for Daft Punk which I used to be able to find with ease on Myxertones, but it came up with no results for my BB.

Oh yeah and to further show that it is a Verizon thing here look at this screenshot:
    07-06-09 02:56 AM
    Thanks so much everyone! I had the hardest time finding ringtones on like, mytinyphone and what not; but then I tried myxer as recommended and it worked! However, it seems that I have only a limited amount of songs I can get (I uploaded and created my own), so we'll see how it goes.
    07-06-09 03:17 AM
    I dunno if its still around, but I used to use mobile17.com. You upload songs from your itunes. It was cool but I got over having music ringtones.

07-06-09 03:44 AM
    If I were you, i'd just download an audio editing program like wavepad or audacity and make your own. That way you can pick any part of a song you like and turn it into a ringtone. Then just send it to your phone through email or a ringtone upload site. No limits or anything.
    07-06-09 09:49 AM
    Hey everyone!

I have Verizon and I've heard rumors that you cannot get free ringtones because of having that carrier. Like, on free ringtone sites such as mytinyphone.com I tried to get free ringtones via text and I get nada. I have tried so many free ringtone sites and nothing will work for me! I sorta think its because Verizon won't let you obtain free ringtones (or so I've heard). I just want ringtones sent to my phone in text formation and I just want to know:
    1. Is it true: you can't get free ringtones because Verizon won't let you?
    2. If so, why?
    3. Any site you know where I can get free ringtones via text? (well maybe that's a stupid hope because obviously it's already not working to get them sent via text...)

Well, anything helps! Thanks so much.

not true i have vzw and have never bought a ringtone.

Tonzr.com works as well as mytinyphone.com make sure you use the second verizon wireless and the direct link settngs
    07-06-09 03:57 PM
    I guess we all know it but CB has its own extensive library of ringtones that works everytime.
    07-06-09 04:39 PM
    you can always send yourself one through mms at yourphonenumberATvzxpix.com and then save as a ringtone.
    I've been doing it that way for years now, even works on my old LG Strawberry Chocolate.
    07-06-09 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD