Your running 10.3 on q5? My phone doesn't get this update? Am in the UK though

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 01:36 PM
    Your running 10.r on q5? My phone doesn't get this update? Am in the UK though

Posted via CB10
    That's a leak. It works okay on my Q5 too.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    06-07-14 02:33 PM
    I have one. Went back to Z10 though. I like the virtual keyboard more than the physical and find the screen size to be far more satisfying than the small screen of the Q5. Good phone, but the Z10 is just so much better.

Posted using my amazing BlackBerry Z10 or Q5
    06-08-14 12:56 PM
    The Q5 is a very underestimated BlackBerry device. Can't repeat that often enough. Except for the inability to change the battery and the dust problem, it is a really powerful device for that price. It looks fresh in red, pink and white and the plastic used isn't cheap. Dropped it several times on the floor without a case and it looks still new.

Posted via CB10
    Rambox likes this.
    06-08-14 03:24 PM
    I like it and will not replace it with any other phone.
    Still use my Playbook when I need a bigger screen, but when I go out I want a small device in my pocket.
    06-08-14 06:42 PM
    I just got a q5 for my mom's birthday.
    So far she likes it very much. She can type it in a better than with her old curve.

Posted with my amazing Z10
    06-12-14 05:44 PM
    I've had mine since February and I like it. After numerous Android devices and that one Windows Phone, I went back to BlackBerry and got a white BlackBerry Q5 off of Ebay (had a 9310, 9800, and 8830.), and loved the device as soon as I got it.

Considering this device is the Indian version, 4G isn't there. Or NFC. That doesn't bother me to be honest.

Colours are bright on the LCD screen, the operating system is liquid smooth (the only complaints I have are when Instant Previews bug up and the slow performance of Android apps.), the chiclet keyboard is more than perfect enough for me to type out comments and documents fast, and call clarity is pretty good as well.

I don't regret spending $256 on the device. I got it for a steal unlocked. I plan on keeping this device with me until I can afford BlackBerry's next device or flagship phone.
    06-15-14 01:34 AM
    I never initially liked the look of the Q5 until I went to my carrier to try one out. I actually bought one this past Friday from Telus for $180 off contract which was an amazing deal. Overall I think it's a much better feeling phone in the hand compared to the Q10 which I also own. For the price you really can't beat it. Battery life is outstanding. Camera is really good for a 5MP shooter. Runs smoothly. Keys are more clicky which is probably my only issue. Other than that great phone and I'd highly recommend picking it up.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 05:52 AM
    Ya i like it
    Keyboard is good
    System is excellent and the price is low

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 10:01 PM
    Just switched back to a Z10 today, from my red custom q5, and man... I really hope it's the OS settling, cause I've run two batteries down to around 20% today from full, where my Q5 would still have 60% remaining on its first charge.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 02:40 PM
    Just got a Q5 today after my Z30 died. Please tell me this keyboard softens up because it is stiff and clicky as hell

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 08:56 PM
    Just got a Q5 today after my Z30 died. Please tell me this keyboard softens up because it is stiff and clicky as hell

Posted via CB10
    It's clicky and I really like it that way. Why does the clicking bother you? Do you use it in places where quiet is important? As for the keyboard stiff, that too is something which I like very much. I find it makes the keyboard very responsive. But it's all subjective - some like me will like it and others such as are having issues. I hope you get used to it over time because I find it's a great, productive device.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 09:47 PM
    Love the BlackBerry Q5.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    06-17-14 10:03 PM
    It's clicky and I really like it that way. Why does the clicking bother you? Do you use it in places where quiet is important? As for the keyboard stiff, that too is something which I like very much. I find it makes the keyboard very responsive. But it's all subjective - some like me will like it and others such as are having issues. I hope you get used to it over time because I find it's a great, productive device.

Posted via CB10
    It's not the noise that bothers me so much as how stiff the keys are

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 10:11 PM
    I used 1 day and I change to Q10
    06-17-14 10:34 PM
    I have one. Went back to Z10 though. I like the virtual keyboard more than the physical and find the screen size to be far more satisfying than the small screen of the Q5. Good phone, but the Z10 is just so much better.

Posted using my amazing BlackBerry Z10 or Q5

If u purchaseQ10 then u will forgod big screen.

Posted via Q10
    06-17-14 10:46 PM
    It's not the noise that bothers me so much as how stiff the keys are

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, that should soften after a fair use. Then it's really convenient.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 06:50 AM
    I upgraded to a Q5 from a 9800 a couple of days ago from Koodo. So far, I am very happy with it so far. I was pleasantly surprised how intuitive BB10 was as an OS. I picked it up fairly quickly. I found I missed the 'back' button the most with the browser. However, I found the keyboard shorcut for that (p). The Koodo rep transferred all my data at their store so the migration was pretty easy. I have three email addresses synced into the Q5 including an POP email account from my ISP. I was able to get them all setup without much trouble.
    06-19-14 05:21 PM
    Same here I I update 9780 to direct Q10 haha

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 09:47 PM
    Hate it. I'd never buy a BB in my life. Constantly pocket dialing and it's not even in my pocket. Maybe the so called engineers should have the phone have to swipe up before you can make a call. Cause no way in hell I'm going to lock it with a 8 digit password every time I finish a call. I did the 10 seconds screen off but it still manages to make a call in that time. On occasion the screen locks up and have to restart. Other times the touch screen doesn't work but the keypad does. Unfortunately my company (a telecom company) supplies us with this junk. The sooner they go broke the better. Sell the security software to Apple and Samsung and go off in the sunset.
    06-20-14 08:21 AM
    Just press the little button at the top of the phone before putting it in your pocket.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    06-20-14 10:19 AM
    In two words,..."Love it!".

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 04:23 PM
    It's keyboard is great for those of us with big finger yet like the appeal of a physical keypad. Great basic phone for calls, texting, surfing the net. It's my daily driver and travel phone. I have a Z10 for when I want the benefit of a full screen. Fantastic basic device. Love it!

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 04:28 PM
    I don't know why it is so much basic as compared to the Q10 or any other BlackBerry 10 phone. The camera's worse but in day to day use, that's about the only difference I noticed.
    -pac

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 07:14 AM
    Can't remember when I got mine, think it was Christmas... but I'm definitely a very happy customer. In agreement with previous comments about it being a very underestimated device. it's like you're getting the experience everyone else is enjoying for the least amount of money.

Very light, love the clicky keypad (feels like you're being productive), OS runs very smoothly and it pretty much has all the apps I need thanks to Snap.

Things that annoy me? The camera. I guess it's what should I should expect for the price, but everyday I wish I wish I could impress my friends with better pics. Blackberry, please no more 5MP cameras. The camera isn't that bad tbh, just isn't anywhere near an iPhone for example.

but if you're not the selfie type of person, then you've got yourself one badass phone.

Posted via CB10 on Blackberry Q5
    06-24-14 07:35 PM
71 123