The first pkb BlackBerry I've used is the 3 row Passport. I like the back swiping to delete a word and am liking the 4 row of the Q5 too but I've wondered about deleting words like this. Couldn't we have a back swipe on the screen in some way or what about alt + delete?

Was happy to see that holding shift brings up the cursor tho

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 10:00 PM
    I agree. I was just thinking about this randomly 2 days ago, coincidentally. I wondered why you can't swipe back on screen of Q10, Q5, or Classic to delete a word.
    One reason that came to mind is that on all-touch devices & Passport, the swipe back is actually over the keyboard, but I can't imagine this still couldn't be accomplished.

Unsure what you're meaning/asking about alt + delete?

PS Thanks for shift tip. Works on virtual keyboard too! Too many hidden features to remember...
    Pcmx likes this.
    06-18-15 12:01 AM
    Unsure what you're meaning/asking about alt + delete?
    Holding the alt key and pressing backspace to delete a whole word at a time but I agree that there could be a swipe gesture on screen while in a text field. That would be nice
    06-18-15 06:14 AM
    It should be something different then the alt-delete combination. That's already too usefull for having a "normal delete" function instead of only backspace...

But I like the idea!

Posted via CB10
    Pcmx likes this.
    06-18-15 10:18 PM
    Alt+Delete has been a habit on legacy devices. The first day I had my Q10, I was looking for this feature and was told that it doesn't work like that anymore on BB10 OS.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    06-18-15 10:28 PM
    It should be something different then the alt-delete combination. That's already too usefull for having a "normal delete" function instead of only backspace...

But I like the idea!

Posted via CB10
    I didn't know you could do that. Thanks for the tip!
    06-18-15 10:33 PM