Looking for a Red Q5 for my daughter, she saw one last night but I can't buy it outright,
    have to buy it with a Virgin Mobile plan. We are with Telus (Canadian provider) but it appears
    they'll only be selling black. So question is where can I get my daughter a RED Q5 that can
    work on the Telus network. Can I buy one in the UK (I may be flying to London this weekend),
    can I buy a Q5 in London, if they have any, and use it here in Canada, would it need to be
    unlocked. Basically where can I get a red Q5 to use here in Canada on the Telus network.
    We are a Blackberry family, I have the Q10 (love the qwerty keyboard), wife has the Z10,
    she loves her Z10 big screen and its keyboard and now we want a Q5 for daughter.
    Any assistance appreciated, thanks in advance!
    08-15-13 07:59 AM
    I think virgin in Canada have got the red. Yesterday I went to the mall and saw the red on display.

Sorry just saw the part when you said you saw it on virgin. Besides virgin I have no idea
    Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 08:03 AM
    Thanks for the reply but as my post said I saw a Red Q5 but had to buy it with a Virgin Plan, which I don't want, since we are with Telus. I want to buy the Q5 outright and use it on the Telus network
    08-15-13 08:05 AM
    They have them here in london that's for sure.
    08-15-13 08:09 AM
    They have them in London...great. I guess my next question is if I buy one in London will I be able to use it here in Canada, will it have to be unlocked, and if so unlocked by whom?
    08-15-13 08:11 AM
    They have them in London...great. I guess my next question is if I buy one in London will I be able to use it here in Canada, will it have to be unlocked, and if so unlocked by whom?
    If you gonna buy it in London. The provider can unlock it. Or the retail shop you gonna buy it from

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 08:14 AM
    they sell the red one here in Dubai as well...
    08-15-13 08:23 AM
    Won't be coming to Dubai anythime soon...maybe next year. Thanks for the Q5 info. Love to visit but scared a bit as my wife and I travel a lot and of course being a couple we hold hands and an occasional kiss but I believe that is frowned upon over there. Am I being correct in those statements?
    08-15-13 08:30 AM
    the trick to buy from virgin, is to get it on a month to month contract and then after one month pay the rest of the phone cancel and walk with it .
    08-15-13 02:46 PM
    the trick to buy from virgin, is to get it on a month to month contract and then after one month pay the rest of the phone cancel and walk with it .
    Exactly what he said. You will pay a bit due to the one month but that's the best way.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 03:37 PM
    I just want the part number for the red keyboard to put into my black Q5 jazz it up a bit...
    08-15-13 04:38 PM
    I just want the part number for the red keyboard to put into my black Q5 jazz it up a bit...
    Holy pants, that's a great idea! Or a red Q5 with black keyboard... the possibilities...

I'm in the same boat. If it were available on Fido I'd have one already. Don't think a black Q5 can replace my Z10(black plus dbrand skin).

Maybe I'll save my pennies and get the missus to grab one when she's back in the UK in a few months...

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    08-15-13 05:24 PM
    Hey Vexon13.... so after one month I'll be able to pop my Telus SIM card in and away I go? Will it have to be unlocked after the month?
    08-15-13 08:37 PM
    yeah you will need to unlock it ,
    when i was talking to the folks at the source, what they said was that you could get the phone on the cheapest plan.
    if you traded in a phone (anyphone apparently) you could put that against the tab - pay it off then cancel your monthly plan after a month and walk.

thats what i was told.

I have 60 ish fido dollars and still have a plan with them so im just going to get mine from them but if they continue not to have the phone then i might just go to the source and do that. Say the guy that bought a red today for his daughter could you tell me the Model is it the Sr100-1 ?
    08-16-13 08:55 AM
    If you really want the red Q5 from Canada, here's what to do (I've looked into this extensively):

1. Go on the cheapest Virgin MTM plan ($30.00) for one month and immediately cancel. Note that might mean you're out of pocket for two months of service ($60.00), bringing your cost of acquisition to $460.00 + taxes.

2. Wait until Virgin allows the red on a prepaid basis (they say it'll be a few weeks to a month).

3. Wait until Virgin loses exclusivity on the red - should be one to two months (a la Rogers with the white Q10).

Believe me, even if the store owner likes you, he literally cannot sell it outright - I've seen his screen, there must be a plan associated with the phone in order for it to be sellable.

Keep an eye out on the More Options section of this page to see when it becomes prepaid:
    Phones - Virgin Mobile Canada

Also note: At present, the Q5 in Canada is not unlockable. I tried. It'll be a few days/weeks before the codes can be generated.
    08-16-13 10:44 AM
    Also note: At present, the Q5 in Canada is not unlockable. I tried. It'll be a few days/weeks before the codes can be generated.
    Update: Apparently the CrackBerry Unlock Team can unlock the Q5.
    08-16-13 11:10 AM
    3. Wait until Virgin loses exclusivity on the red - should be one to two months (a la Rogers with the white Q10).
    Oh, I figured this was an indefinite thing. I'll have to ask around Fido around that time, see if they'll be getting it.

08-16-13 01:06 PM
    Thanks all for your replies. I'll get a red Q5 for my daughter, eventually
    08-16-13 04:55 PM
    No, you are not correct lol.

Dubai is a major global cosmopolitan city where most of the people living there are foreign born, I think close to half being from India.

Your description sounds more like Saudi Arabia.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 12:08 AM
    If its the same as koodo, pick the cheapest virgin plan. Call them the next day to cancel or ask them to switch your account over to prepaid. If they cancel, you only pay for 1day of plan fee. If not, switch over to prepaid and let your account expire. Don't charge it up with credits. You pay only a few dollars more + the full cost of the phone.

Posted via Z10
    08-17-13 12:37 AM
    If its the same as koodo, pick the cheapest virgin plan. Call them the next day to cancel or ask them to switch your account over to prepaid. If they cancel, you only pay for 1day of plan fee. If not, switch over to prepaid and let your account expire. Don't charge it up with credits. You pay only a few dollars more + the full cost of the phone.

Posted via Z10
    Apparently Virgin Mobile doesn't do that - you have to give a month's notice and can't cancel until the 14-day return period passes, which means you pay two months (which at the cheapest plan is $60.00).
    08-17-13 02:27 AM
    for blackberry Q5 black keypad, View for blackberry Q5 black keypad , for blackberry Product Details from Shenzhen Oceanpower Engineering Limited on Alibaba.com
    08-17-13 06:07 AM
    Virgin Q5

08-18-13 05:09 AM
    Played with a red Q5 at a Virgin booth yesterday. Love the thing, but my fingers are still too huge for the keyboard... =(

08-22-13 10:12 PM
    Also played with a Q5 at virgin mobile yesterday. I didn't go on purpose but rather I walked by a booth and notice a shiny red phone! OMG! Red Q5! It was beautiful and the screen was very nice. It was also overall very fluid.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 10:19 PM
52 123