Well I've had my Q5 for just over 2 weeks now, got it from a BlackBerry Curve 9320. And I can safely say i am very impressed with it!

In my opinion I really think blackberry have started to improve with the release of this much needed software, new and improved phones, and not forgetting the new app world!

I was honestly considering going to a different phone after my old blackberry, but I'm happy I didn't!

BlackBerry have done a very good job on these phones in my opinion, and I'm very pleased with my Q5!

Won't be long before blackberry are going back up in the ranks haha

The only bad thing I think BlackBerry have done is bring BBM out on iphone and android, as this was one of the things that made blackberry unique!

Overall very pleased with my new Q5, and BlackBerry all together! Pleased with the software which runs very smoothly, and the new keyboard which feels good and is easy to use! Also the new shape is very comfy in the hand!

I just thought I'd post this and praise BlackBerry and let people know how good they actually are doing! I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section!
    01-07-14 10:58 AM
    It is nice to see members happy with their device of choice. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the changes!
    01-07-14 11:03 AM
    Congratulations on your purchase!

Which colour is it and have you installed the latest leak?

Posted via my beautiful, red Q5 (10.2.1.1925)
    01-07-14 11:10 AM
    I had a Curve 9360, switched to a Q5 in late October.

Excellent phone! - reliable, consistent, easy to use.

No regrets whatsoever about switching.

--------8<-------Aside-------------
    A personal observation; not looking to debate anything:
    Wife wanted an iPhone, so I got her one. Glad I stuck to BB, as I wanted a phone and got one. She wound up with a glorified Nintendo DS, as far as I'm concerned. In particular, we've seen that the bluetooth on the Apple phone is very flaky, but the BB hooks up every time.

I think the "tools vs toys" slogan is more accurate than one might believe.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-07-14 11:10 AM
    Thought I would go colourful and get it in red, looks amazing! And I'm pretty new to here to what is the 'leak'?

Also I have no regrets, money well spent! Was well worth it! I found it quite easy to get used to despite a few people saying it was quite difficult, I'm still finding out new and amazing features though!
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-07-14 11:14 AM
    we've seen that the bluetooth on the Apple phone is very flaky, but the BB hooks up every time.

I think the "tools vs toys" slogan is more accurate than one might believe.[/SIZE]
    I've heard negative reviews about iPhone's bluetooth as well, not sure how much of it is true. But two of my friends had 4s and they complained and I considered it the device's fault.

01-07-14 11:15 AM
    Yeah I don't think iphone are all as good as they sound, but that's just my opinion, I much rather prefer a blackberry, people have said to my are you insane choosing that over the iphone? But I just reply saying you'll be surprised with how much they have improved haha!
    01-07-14 11:19 AM
    Thought I would go colourful and get it in red, looks amazing! And I'm pretty new to here to what is the 'leak'?

Also I have no regrets, money well spent! Was well worth it! I found it quite easy to get used to despite a few people saying it was quite difficult, I'm still finding out new and amazing features though!
    Leaked OS are full-fledged OS that are leaked by BlackBerry employees (rumoured to be) and the trustworthy sources are a few who post on the CB forums (they themselves are not the employees) - the recent ones were posted by SirJes and Lengend.

We download the autoloader, back up our device, run the autoloader and restore or do a clean install (if restore causes issues).

Oh and the best part? We can sideload Android apps!

Hope that helps. Other users will be able to explain better if my explanation lacks anything.

I have the latest leak installed i.e. the .1925 (you may see it in a lot of users' signatures)

01-07-14 11:45 AM

You're the same user who had the wobbly SIM card door issue?
    Any solution?

01-07-14 11:47 AM
    Hmmm sounds good! I might check that out, thankyou!

And yes I am, and I took it to the store and they just said not to worry about it, and that it's like that on most, I've now got a case on it and can't notice it at all now! Also a screen protector which was a pain getting on haha

Also, Would you say the crackberry app is a good app to download?
    01-07-14 12:07 PM

And yes I am, and I took it to the store and they just said not to worry about it, and that it's like that on most, I've now got a case on it and can't notice it at all now! Also a screen protector which was a pain getting on haha

Absolutely! Easier to navigate and keep ourselves updated!

01-07-14 12:28 PM

Definitely! It's a great app. It lacks a few features that are available on the website, but they don't hold you back.

In response to your earlier comment about a leak... It's an unpolished version of the next major OS update. Some (most) work pretty much flawlessly, while a few have issues. It's a good way to stay ahead of the game in terms of software innovation, which we all know Blackberry is the king of :P
    01-07-14 12:52 PM
    I bought my son the Q5 last September here in Honduras, and really is a great device, great keyboard and advanced technology.
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    01-07-14 01:03 PM
    Could not agree with you more OP. My daugther has a modified Red Q5 and totally loves it. All her friends have broken screen iPhone and she stands tall with her Q5 with the latest leaked OS and puts the smack down on them everytime they say ...but but....BlackBerry has no apps...Huh...take that!
    Attachment 236852
    Attachment 236853
    01-07-14 01:53 PM
    Yes i agree that it is well built, especially the keyboard. And haha, most my friends i see with iphones have smashed screens, and yeah that is the only thing i think needs improving, the app store! Hoping things like Snapchat and instagram will be introduced soon though! It is a very big improvment from the Bolds and Curves etc!

I'll try out the app and see what it is like then thankyou!

I was also very suprised with its battery life, all my previous blackberries only laster about half the day, mine can last 12 hours, thats with gaming, heavy use of bbm etc, overall im very with it and it was a good buy! I prefer this over the iphone by far, but many would disagree with this. I think it is a reasonable price, i got mine on PAYG for �224.95 which im pleased about

Also how is it modified? ( Doesnt matter, seen it haha, that looks pretty cool! But id be afraid to take mine apart, when i took my 9320 apart it didnt turn out well, screws threaded and broke for good now haha )
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-07-14 03:10 PM
    I am eagerly awaiting the .1925 OS update so I can have keyboard speed dialing which I sorely miss on my 9360.
    01-07-14 04:23 PM
    Double thumbs up from me as well! I just got my red Q5 today to round off my BB10 collection and I love it!

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia and scrapmetal58 like this.
    01-07-14 08:56 PM
    Glad you like it! I'm just suprised in how much BlackBerry has improved! And I'm very happy I chose my Q5 over any other phone (That's in this price range of course )

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia and scrapmetal58 like this.
    01-08-14 01:13 AM
    This is true. I am using Q5 for 3 months now and extremely satsified with it. Most importantly everything (including the BB hub) works very smooth and fine (unlike Android). Battery life too is great on this device and it's my trustworthy device while travelling abroad. I am happy to have gone against the flow and got BB Q5.

Cheers!
    01-08-14 08:44 AM
    I decided to get the Q5 against the Z10, and I'm glad I did! Love the keyboard, feels great, also another thing I love about the new blackberry's is the front and silent camera, always been wanting this, I know you could make the camera silent on other Blackberry's but through apps!

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 10:28 AM
    Well I've had my Q5 for just over 2 weeks now, got it from a BlackBerry Curve 9320. And I can safely say i am very impressed with it!

In my opinion I really think blackberry have started to improve with the release of this much needed software, new and improved phones, and not forgetting the new app world!

I was honestly considering going to a different phone after my old blackberry, but I'm happy I didn't!

BlackBerry have done a very good job on these phones in my opinion, and I'm very pleased with my Q5!

Won't be long before blackberry are going back up in the ranks haha

The only bad thing I think BlackBerry have done is bring BBM out on iphone and android, as this was one of the things that made blackberry unique!

Overall very pleased with my new Q5, and BlackBerry all together! Pleased with the software which runs very smoothly, and the new keyboard which feels good and is easy to use! Also the new shape is very comfy in the hand!

I just thought I'd post this and praise BlackBerry and let people know how good they actually are doing! I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section!
    As a user of a keyboard equipped BlackBerry 10 device and a full touch device, I think it's also important to note that the experience on these devices is great. For me and I'm sure others will agree that BlackBerry 10 is awesome on both full touch and devices with a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-09-14 03:04 PM
    As a user of a keyboard equipped BlackBerry 10 device and a full touch device, I think it's also important to note that the experience on these devices is great. For me and I'm sure others will agree that BlackBerry 10 is awesome on both full touch and devices with a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. I have a BlackBerry Z10 and a BlackBerry Q5. The Z10 is now an entertainment device while the Q5 is my communication device.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    Sarek1701 likes this.
    01-10-14 07:09 PM
    I just ordered a pre-owned Q5 and can't wait to try it out. I have a Z10, and one will be handed down to my daughter - - or I might just keep both. Glad to hear that you're happy with it!
    tx ram likes this.
    01-12-14 12:04 AM
    congrats on your purchase! You will definitely enjoy using this phone, i've been on daily for close to 3 months now. No regrets at all
    01-12-14 03:29 AM
    Thank you! and I might try out Z10 at some point but be a while, also will be even better when we get things like Snapchat and instagram on BlackBerry app world

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 07:55 AM
52 123