Hi,

Its just 4 days since the device updated to the latest version and I noticed that the battery drain is worst than before!
    After a 100% charge the battery monitor says 20hrs left , instead of the 2+ days notice that I had before the update .

I charged the device yesterday around 7pm and today morning (7am) the battery something 81%, mind I did not even
    used the device (no calls/sms/data) since the charge.

I already did reset, poweron/off, there is not way of course to remove the battery so what now?

if any ideas please let me know..

thx
    chris
    07-08-14 02:55 AM
    Hi uxWare and welcome to the CrackBerry connunity !

If I refer to your profile, it appears we're talking about a Q5, right ?
    I'm surprised you had a "2 days" previously, I believe I never had such level (but I had only a small experimentation time with the Q5).

I'd tend to advise you to measure real usage and if you go through all day, then the current gauge may be sharper than previously, as it is the battery life you can fairly expect. Note that the gauge should also gain accuracy within a few (full) cycles of charge.

Also, please advise if you've set new accounts or install software.

Cheers
    SF
    07-08-14 04:41 AM
    >If I refer to your profile, it appears we're talking about a Q5, right ?

right

>I'm surprised you had a "2 days" previously, I believe I never had such level (but I had only a small >experimentation time with the Q5).

2.5 - 3 days till the battery go to something 30% was the average life of the battery.
    I mainly use the Q5 as calendars/note checking.

btw, after the last shutdown, I tried an offline battery charging, the LED went green and I noticed that
    the battery was "full" on 98%.

Its an hour since i connected it to the charger and the batt percentage is still 98%, seems an issue with the battery calibration, IIRC the time I updated the OS the battery was something around 75% , I bet something went wrong there.
    07-08-14 05:04 AM
    This battery bug have to be software I have the same problem hoping they fix it next update

BlackBerry Z10 STL100-1
    uxWare likes this.
    07-08-14 05:09 AM
    Maybe going back to previous OS will fix that..

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 07:25 AM
    I suggest you don't worry that much about the % value and measure the real usage battery life.
    Let us know if you see a problem here (I mean a drastic IRL drain) after a couple of charge cycles.
    Again, if you go through a full day with normal usage, then I'd qualify it as "normal".
    07-08-14 12:11 PM
    I think its better now, its 2 hours since I charged the Q5, it took a long time to charge from 98% to 100% the battery is 96% now.

Just to mention, that the last time I did the "volume keys" reset (pressing the volume keys till reset, instead pressing the power button), I am not sure if that helped to "reset" the battery stats.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-08-14 12:23 PM