My service provider has advised that the unknown charges to my cell phone account is as a result of the applications the Q5 comes with. They aslo recommended that I contact blackberry to find out how I can get rid of these application. Is there anyone who has experienced this
    08-29-13 06:18 AM
    They are telling you that the phone came with Paid apps,and charged you for them? Usually, IF they come with Paid apps, they work for like 15 or 30 days... then you have to pay.. never seen this before..
    08-29-13 06:38 AM
    Please be a bit more detailed on the "unknown charges"
    How much was it, what did it say on your bill, etc.
    The only thing I can think of, is carrier billing for apps, where you purchased an app in BlackBerry world and chose carrier billing. Like wise for in-app purchases, which is similar where you pay for purchases for stuff through carrier billing.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 06:43 AM
    Please be a bit more detailed on the "unknown charges"
    How much was it, what did it say on your bill, etc.
    The only thing I can think of, is carrier billing for apps, where you purchased an app in BlackBerry world and chose carrier billing. Like wise for in-app purchases, which is similar where you pay for purchases for stuff through carrier billing.

Andrew4life, I have just seen my account online and it shows that it is the internet(GPRS). Have you any idea how to switch it off on a Q5

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 11:49 PM
    They are telling you that the phone came with Paid apps,and charged you for them? Usually, IF they come with Paid apps, they work for like 15 or 30 days... then you have to pay.. never seen this before..
    I have just seen my bill and it shows that it is the internet(GPRS). 1cent to 3 cents at a time is being taken from my account. Do you perhaps know how to switch it off on a Q5. Currently I have my data services off but this also switches off the bbm services. Any idea on how to switch of gprs without having to switch of bbm?
    08-29-13 11:52 PM
    1cent to 3 cents at a time is being taken from my account. Currently I have my data services off but this also switches off the bbm services. Any idea on how to switch of gprs without having to switch of bbm on a Q5?
    08-29-13 11:53 PM