Looks like Blackberry has added some nice features since I last gave it a try back at the Z10's release.

I'm looking to grab a cheaper Q10, Q5 or preferably a Z3 to give it another shot.

Which model numbers should I be looking for to use on T-Mobile's bands, particularly their mvno Metro PCS in Chicago.

I see some of the Q's have an English/Arabic keypad which is selling for much less - can I use that?

I don't need LTE, but H+ would be nice.

Thanks everyone!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by ibbyj; 02-20-15 at 08:40 AM.
    02-20-15 08:23 AM
    Check out the model you need here BlackBerry Q5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And I recommend getting the Q5. I just got this phone 2 days ago and it is absolutely absolute! I had a Q10 a year ago and then had to give it up which then I was on android, and now back on blackberry. And the Q5 in my opinion is better than the Q10. And If you really wanna taste blackberry don't get the all touch Z3. As a blackberry isn't a blackberry without the physical keyboard. So get the either the Q5, Q10 or Classic.
    02-20-15 11:27 AM
    All I am seeing on Amazon is SQR100-2 and -3?

02-20-15 12:31 PM
    Looks like Blackberry has added some nice features since I last gave it a try back at the Z10's release.

I'm looking to grab a cheaper Q10, Q5 or preferably a Z3 to give it another shot.

Which model numbers should I be looking for to use on T-Mobile's bands, particularly their mvno Metro PCS in Chicago.

I see some of the Q's have an English/Arabic keypad which is selling for much less - can I use that?

I don't need LTE, but H+ would be nice.

Thanks everyone!

I tried using my Z on metro and they said that it wouldn't work.
    Trying Blackberry again.-img_20150220_133602.png
    Trying Blackberry again.-img_20150220_133556.png

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 12:36 PM
    The metro pcs support is just incompetent.
    Did classic thinking "BB10 = old BlackBerry = sucks"

Posted via Z10
    02-20-15 12:43 PM
    Oh, wow.

That doesn't even make sense. Haha

But thanks, just canceled my order.

02-20-15 12:48 PM
    Since T-Mobile, you just need to pop in a sim inside a BB10 device and have it work.
    They don't even know what device do you have (they could, from the IMEI, but they don't care)
    02-20-15 12:55 PM
    It actually looks like people are getting them activily on MetroPCS by calling in it's MEID as an unlocked Android.

02-20-15 01:08 PM
    Maybe you're right. The wife is actually thinking of going to Metro so I will pop in her sim and see if everything works.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 02:29 PM
    Just popping the Sim in won't work. You'll have to register the MEID with them. Anytime i swap phones I have to get Metro to do it on their end too.

I went ahead and reordered it to try. If it doesn't work, whatever, I'll return it.

I grabbed a red Q10 for $145.00 I got the -2 version, understanding it will not get LTE.

Thats okay with me. H+ tends to be easier on battery.

I'll let you all know how it goes when it arrives tomorrow.

02-20-15 03:25 PM
    Just popping the Sim in won't work. You'll have to register the MEID with them. Anytime i swap phones I have to get Metro to do it on their end too.

I went ahead and reordered it to try. If it doesn't work, whatever, I'll return it.

I grabbed a red Q10 for $145.00 I got the -2 version, understanding it will not get LTE.

Please do.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 03:30 PM

How did it go??
    02-21-15 12:41 PM
    Well, I have the Q5 in hand. It's cute... haha

Build quality isn't quite what I hoped for, but it will do. I have to send this one back because there is some metal in the sim card tray that is bent and not allowing me to put my sim in.

I guess I have to wait until Monday now. :/

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:58 PM
    Well, I have the Q5 in hand. It's cute... haha

Build quality isn't quite what I hoped for, but it will do. I have to send this one back because there is some metal in the sim card tray that is bent and not allowing me to put my sim in.

I guess I have to wait until Monday now. :/

Posted via CB10
    I recommend you to get the OEM blackberry flip shell case, it compliments the phone really well.
    02-21-15 05:58 PM
    You won't be disappointed. Long time BlackBerry user then ios now back to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 06:01 PM
    So, even though I'm unable to use the phone with service for the time being I have been using it, setting it up, installing apps from google play, amazon and blackberry world.

I have to say that I am very impressed with where BlackBerry has taken it's OS. It's very clean, intuitive and fun to use. Reminds me a LOT of Web OS. That's a great thing.

It's also really nice (and the only way this would ever work for me) that we can install android apps.

They clearly are not optimized for BlackBerry, but they work.

I should mention that games play well, and that the game "crossy road" looks great on square screen.

Posted via CB10
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    02-22-15 12:59 PM
    So, even though I'm unable to use the phone with service for the time being I have been using it, setting it up, installing apps from google play, amazon and blackberry world.

I have to say that I am very impressed with where BlackBerry has taken it's OS. It's very clean, intuitive and fun to use. Reminds me a LOT of Web OS. That's a great thing.

It's also really nice (and the only way this would ever work for me) that we can install android apps.

I should mention that games play well, and that the game "crossy road" looks great on square screen.

Posted via CB10
    Did you ever try metropcs yet?
    02-24-15 08:49 AM
    No, I had an unused T-Mobile sim laying around decided to bypass unnecessary drama and just swap my number over. Happened immediately.

But for some reason this Q5 doesn't want to update to 10.3 like my other one did with no problem.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 11:00 PM
    I don't think T-Mobile is pushing it out yet. Sucks
    02-25-15 07:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    How did you get Crossy Road to work? When I downloaded it, it crashes on startup...

'Clickity-Clack' goes my keypad! - White BlackBerry Q5
    02-25-15 08:33 AM
    I thought Metro PCS and TMO are the same company. If it worked on TMO it should work on Metro PCS.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 08:51 AM
    I mean, it's unlocked. What does it matter which sim is in it?

I tried updating with no sim. Didn't work. That's annoying.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 09:12 AM
    How did you get Crossy Road to work? When I downloaded it, it crashes on startup...

Just grabbed it from Amazon App store, first start up took a little longer, but otherwise it runs and looks great.

Trying Blackberry again.-img_20150225_091641.png

Posted via CB10
    SpartanSK117 likes this.
    02-25-15 09:19 AM
    Thanks got it to work! I was downloading it from Snap before and it wasn't working.

02-25-15 09:52 AM