I am thinking to shift from Z 10 to Q 5, as I am missing the keypad a lot.

My main work is email, texting and calls.

I am from India, where Q 5 is not that popular, is there any specific concern I have to look out for.

Plz provide ur suggestions, will it be a good move.
    09-12-14 03:31 AM
    If you're shifting from a STL1 to the Q5, I say go for it.

You should give a Q10 a go as well. They should not be badly priced now.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-12-14 04:08 AM
    If you're shifting from a STL1 to the Q5, I say go for it.

You should give a Q10 a go as well. They should not be badly priced now.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    Ya I have stl 1 do they also have some asian models in Q5
    09-12-14 05:55 AM
    You will have substantially better battery life on the Q5.

The Q5 camera is not that great (5 MP) and the internal storage space is only 8 GB (vs. 16 GB on Z10).

Overall, Q5 is a great device.
    09-12-14 06:11 AM
    trust me man, if its the q5 u want, i say grab it with all ur might. i am a q5 user as well and the keyboard will never disappoint you. blackberry was kind enough to grace this little beast with a super 2180 mah battery capacity that will last a day and a half depending on ur usage pattern. you would love it. happy hunting.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    09-12-14 07:04 AM
    I'm using Q5 and I'm satisfied with it. I wanted to get a z10 but everyone is saying z10 has been discontinued and not available anymore. It's the best device for emails texts etc typing couldn't be easier and smoother than this. Battery life is great, camera isn't any bad. The best thing in q5 (lacks in q10) it has the BlackBerry logo at the bottom of the screen and when you swipe up to unlock/minimize or close an app, it gives ample of space to perform the action. However, if you want to play games, stream videos etc, z10 has bigger screen. I need a z10 as a back up device but I can't get it nowhere in india. Q5 is priced 13990 at themobilestore and flipkart etc. So according to the price you pay for this phone, it is the BESTEST move you can ever make. (I bought this phone in 20000/- though)
    The battery life in q5, the image shown includes gaming, music, fb and bbm frequently through out the day and lots of calls. I don't think I can expect more from it.
    Thinking of shifting from Z10 to Q 5 in India-img_20140911_052631.png

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 02:01 PM
    I'm using Q5 and I'm satisfied with it. I wanted to get a z10 but everyone is saying z10 has been discontinued and not available anymore. It's the best device for emails texts etc typing couldn't be easier and smoother than this. Battery life is great, camera isn't any bad. The best thing in q5 (lacks in q10) it has the BlackBerry logo at the bottom of the screen and when you swipe up to unlock/minimize or close an app, it gives ample of space to perform the action. However, if you want to play games, stream videos etc, z10 has bigger screen. I need a z10 as a back up device but I can't get it nowhere in india. Q5 is priced 13990 at themobilestore and flipkart etc. So according to the price you pay for this phone, it is the BESTEST move you can ever make. (I bought this phone in 20000/- though)
    The battery life in q5, the image shown includes gaming, music, fb and bbm frequently through out the day and lots of calls. I don't think I can expect more from it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140911_052631.png 
Views:	616 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	297408

Posted via CB10
    Issue I am facing in my z10 is that incoming calls gets silent in pockets, so its not good.
    Is it same in Q 5.
    U can buy a z 10, its still available on flipkart and amazon.
    09-12-14 10:28 PM
    No, I don't have any sort of problem with q5. Earlier I had some battery problems but after I got the latest OS update it was back to normal..
    Amazon they have sellers warranty and flipkart is selling z10 at 24 or 22k which was available in 16090/- lol
    I'm waiting for the BlackBerry passport now.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 02:02 AM
    Issue I am facing in my z10 is that incoming calls gets silent in pockets, so its not good.
    Is it same in Q 5.
    U can buy a z 10, its still available on flipkart and amazon.
    I do not have any sort of issues with my phone at the moment. Previously I had bit of problems with battery but it was back to normal after few days. Q5 will give you best typing experience. The WORST thing with Q5 in India is I can not get a good quality case/cover for it. I bought a cover from ebay (Amzer double case hybrid cover with kickstand in 1099/-), it was pretty good but I got the unlock button damaged because the button in the case is very hard and you wouldn't realize if you pressed it or not. So either you will end up having a cheap quality Chinese covers or use your phone without it (nude). Let me know if you find any good quality covers.

Amazon's most of Z10 deals are with seller's warranty, which I do not really prefer to go for.
    Flipkart are selling the Z10 in 24k which was previously available in 16090/-
    So I am waiting for the Blackberry Passport now.
    09-13-14 03:04 AM
    I do not have any sort of issues with my phone at the moment. Previously I had bit of problems with battery but it was back to normal after few days. Q5 will give you best typing experience. The WORST thing with Q5 in India is I can not get a good quality case/cover for it. I bought a cover from ebay (Amzer double case hybrid cover with kickstand in 1099/-), it was pretty good but I got the unlock button damaged because the button in the case is very hard and you wouldn't realize if you pressed it or not. So either you will end up having a cheap quality Chinese covers or use your phone without it (nude). Let me know if you find any good quality covers.

Amazon's most of Z10 deals are with seller's warranty, which I do not really prefer to go for.
    Flipkart are selling the Z10 in 24k which was previously available in 16090/-
    So I am waiting for the Blackberry Passport now.
    Okie. Lets see the price of passport in India
    09-13-14 07:58 AM
    Yeah I'm expecting this to be around 40k

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 05:01 PM
    BB10 really Super os but lacks of App it's not popular in India in mid price range Q5 are Exellent mobile

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 07:46 PM
    Has been said many times but: If u download the amazon app store (Google it) you can fill in most app holes with Android stuff -- netflix, pinterest, team snap etc

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    09-18-14 07:07 AM