I have just bought a new Q5.
    BB 10 is fantastic, fluid, fast and secure.
    I do not care if the various WA, Facebook and company want us to die. I continue to struggle.
    You remove WA on BB from June 2017? Good, I install the APK and f*** you or I will pass on BBM.
    Keep yourself well as your Android and Apple. I'm happy with my Q5.
    You will not never have to me as you want.
    01-04-17 12:53 PM
    I have just bought a new Q5.
    BB 10 is fantastic, fluid, fast and secure.
    I do not care if the various WA, Facebook and company want us to die. I continue to struggle.
    You remove WA on BB from June 2017? Good, I install the APK and f*** you or I will pass on BBM.
    Keep yourself well as your Android and Apple. I'm happy with my Q5.
    You will not never have to me as you want.
    If it works for you.... that's great.
    01-04-17 01:05 PM
    I seriously don't think it's that FB, etc., WANT BB10 to die.

I just know as a software developer / maintainer that it's a matter of "I have to support 2 platforms already (Android, iOS) and the market share for BB10 is SO SMALL that it's just not worth the extra cost to us". Or, "my developer who knows BB10 quit (got run over by bus, whatever" and it's just not worth it to track one down.

I was involved in a project to move my corporation off of a payroll system that we had since 1969. One of the largest considerations was that there was ONE developer left who knew the application (me) and finding / attracting / keeping someone willing to work on code/architecture that old was pretty much pointless.

So, pull your conspiracy theories back into the closet and try looking at it from a business point of view.
    01-04-17 01:37 PM
    Right it's never been about these developers "hating" on BlackBerry... it's simply been a matter of taking a wait and see attitude and not investing into building for BB10 until there was a viable user base.

Heck it was BlackBerry who pulled the FaceBook app that they had created.... by the OP's thinking, BlackBerry now wants BB10 to just hurry up and die.
    01-04-17 02:09 PM
    Good for you I bought a new white Q5 a month ago it's a great little phone. I don't use apps just use mine for calls, texting, emailing and some basic internet browsing.
    01-07-17 03:21 PM
    It is a great little phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 11:50 PM
    Q5 is still a little powerhouse. Especially for the price you can get it at these days. It's got a nice sharp screen, great sounding speaker and the battery life is excellent. I really wish I hadn't sold mine.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-17 01:22 AM
    Great to hear you like the device OP.

I still use a Q5 as my daily driver. For some reason it just works so well for me and I really love it so much. I miss small phones. Everything is so big these days. Give me a BlackBerry Q10 with updated internals and ill be a happy man

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    02-04-17 02:17 PM
    I seriously don't think it's that FB, etc., WANT BB10 to die.

I just know as a software developer / maintainer that it's a matter of "I have to support 2 platforms already (Android, iOS) and the market share for BB10 is SO SMALL that it's just not worth the extra cost to us". Or, "my developer who knows BB10 quit (got run over by bus, whatever" and it's just not worth it to track one down.

I was involved in a project to move my corporation off of a payroll system that we had since 1969. One of the largest considerations was that there was ONE developer left who knew the application (me) and finding / attracting / keeping someone willing to work on code/architecture that old was pretty much pointless.

So, pull your conspiracy theories back into the closet and try looking at it from a business point of view.
    so it would make business sense for the entire US for the twin towers then?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 09:48 PM
    so it would make business sense for the entire US for the twin towers then?

Posted via CB10
    Why don't you try re-formulating that sentence coherently, please?
    I was referring to conspiracy theory in the sense of BB10, ONLY. I said nothing about the twin towers.
    DrBoomBotz and Thaefner18 like this.
    03-29-17 08:08 AM
    Why don't you try re-formulating that sentence coherently, please?
    I was referring to conspiracy theory in the sense of BB10, ONLY. I said nothing about the twin towers.
    you know what I was referring to with that example...

posted via del virtual
    03-29-17 10:21 AM

posted via del virtual
    Actually, no. Try putting it in English.
    DrBoomBotz and Thaefner18 like this.
    03-29-17 12:55 PM
    I sure don't.
    Thaefner18 likes this.
    03-29-17 04:35 PM
    The BB WhatsApp still works. FB10 for blackberry works.

I think this is still a decent phone really. I mean it only has 8gb of internal storage but a) unlike android it doesn't partition that space, so you can use everything that's not OS, as apps and user data and b) formatted right, you can put a 64GB microsd card in there and put loads of music and pictures on it.

You have 8gb on an android device, and you'll have less app space, and less micrrosd upgradability, generally speaking.

The pixel density still aint bad - and by that I mean its good, the sound quality is excellent, the keyboard is superb. It is compatible with BT 4.0, and LTE....

I mean if I had any legit gripes with it, it would be the camera quality. It's alright if you add some filters, but it ain't great. Battery life is okay too, but heavy use drains it quick. If I was picky I'd say the screen could be a touch bigger. There's unused bevel space aplenty.

2gb of ram is solid for the device, and the processor is perfectly snappy outside of the android runtime, which is lets face it, slightly buggy.

But all and all, for a pocketable device, that's great for emails and texts, pretty damn durable and can run most android apps if your happy to tweak, its face more solid than a low spec android device.

I don't feel any need to upgrade. And when I do it'll probably be to windows, because by that time the windows store will be in full bloom, and the win32 ARM emu will be out. Hopefully someone can make a smaller sized keyboard version.
    Thaefner18 likes this.
    04-01-17 07:14 AM