Ok I know someone will simpy say YES go for it and trust me I so much would like to.

The reason why I would not go for the Q10 is not the price but the keyboard. I pretty much like my Curve keyboard with the spaced keys. I tried both the Q10 and Q5 keyboard at a store and the Q5 had me on top.

The thought started passing my mind after upgrading my BBM to Version 8 a few days ago and suddenly my phone started blocking. At the end I deleted BBM8 and put back BBM7 from one of the all helpfull links in the Crackberry forums! So I started thinking if I should do the change.

The following are some of the issues which concern me:

First of all IMAP application. I have Axigen Mail Server at my company and even though my 9220 is connected via IMAP the push is instant on the phone. No need to wait 15 minutes to receive the emails. I love the function and don't really mind for old emails but want to have the latest emails on my phone. Send items from my 9220 show up on my pc as well and the webmail of Axigen but send items from my PC or Webmail do not show on the 9220 (small harm). Strange why this function exists on the Gmail over Imap! Then my question, if I go on the BB10 platform, will my IMAP be instant or will I need to wait every now and then for a refresh? I know someone might thing is not an issue but when you have instant push for the past year when I started my company and suddenly dissapears is really a letdown.

Then is the data plan. I live in a not so price appreciated country. I would need to change from my BIS to a normal data plan. Currently I have BIS unlimited. Don't care much for videos or stuff because my phone is basically my workhorse. BBM with clients and email is all I care. If I were to go to a data plan, should I get an unlimited or a lesser one? Really don't know which option to choose to be safe.

Finally is all this unknown future with Blackberry. Trust me I am a Blackberry fan and nothing would please me more. The BB 7 OS platform so far has not given me any serious issues appart the BBM8 upgrade which caused me chaos on Monday. Who guarantees the future of BB10? Will Blackberry come in a few months and say no more BB10 long live BB11 but existing phones stay on BB10 platform? Should I wait a few more months to see if newer models BB10 come out? Should I stick with BB7 platform and get a new 9720? Questions questions questions. I really don't know the right choice.

Please let me have some of your thoughts perhaps it will help me decide better on what to do.

By the way. Please no change to iPhone or Android comment

Thanks

Demetris
    12-18-13 12:17 PM
    Ok I know someone will simpy say YES go for it and trust me I so much would like to.

The reason why I would not go for the Q10 is not the price but the keyboard. I pretty much like my Curve keyboard with the spaced keys. I tried both the Q10 and Q5 keyboard at a store and the Q5 had me on top.

The thought started passing my mind after upgrading my BBM to Version 8 a few days ago and suddenly my phone started blocking. At the end I deleted BBM8 and put back BBM7 from one of the all helpfull links in the Crackberry forums! So I started thinking if I should do the change.

The following are some of the issues which concern me:

First of all IMAP application. I have Axigen Mail Server at my company and even though my 9220 is connected via IMAP the push is instant on the phone. No need to wait 15 minutes to receive the emails. I love the function and don't really mind for old emails but want to have the latest emails on my phone. Send items from my 9220 show up on my pc as well and the webmail of Axigen but send items from my PC or Webmail do not show on the 9220 (small harm). Strange why this function exists on the Gmail over Imap! Then my question, if I go on the BB10 platform, will my IMAP be instant or will I need to wait every now and then for a refresh? I know someone might thing is not an issue but when you have instant push for the past year when I started my company and suddenly dissapears is really a letdown.

Then is the data plan. I live in a not so price appreciated country. I would need to change from my BIS to a normal data plan. Currently I have BIS unlimited. Don't care much for videos or stuff because my phone is basically my workhorse. BBM with clients and email is all I care. If I were to go to a data plan, should I get an unlimited or a lesser one? Really don't know which option to choose to be safe.

Finally is all this unknown future with Blackberry. Trust me I am a Blackberry fan and nothing would please me more. The BB 7 OS platform so far has not given me any serious issues appart the BBM8 upgrade which caused me chaos on Monday. Who guarantees the future of BB10? Will Blackberry come in a few months and say no more BB10 long live BB11 but existing phones stay on BB10 platform? Should I wait a few more months to see if newer models BB10 come out? Should I stick with BB7 platform and get a new 9720? Questions questions questions. I really don't know the right choice.

Please let me have some of your thoughts perhaps it will help me decide better on what to do.

By the way. Please no change to iPhone or Android comment

Thanks

Demetris
    Well first, this is a blackberry forum so i doubt you will see anyone telling you to get an iPhone or Android maybe you will buts its like 95% of us here are BlackBerry
    Next, i say you need to know this the future of BlackBerry 10 for now is not threatened since the company is focusing a lot on software lately and you can see that in every update they do for the OS. Where every update brings new awesome features to make BB 10 a more mature OS.
    Relating to the emails, the Q5 has IMAP so does all the BB 10 devices, the thing is access to email and to all your chats has been made really easier with the HUB. The data plan issue: BIS has been cancelled by BlackBerry for BB 10 devices so the new devices will use a normal data plan, i say if you can get an unlimited plan and i say IF get it because BB 10 uses a lot of data especially on 4G LTE. If youve used Q5 you will see that the OS is more advanced and more intuitive than the BBOS 7 so i say yes go for it. You should also listen to other people here as they will come and assist you more.
    12-18-13 12:56 PM
    The keyboard of the BlackBerry Q5 reminds me of my BlackBerry Bold 9700. The keyboard is quiet amd feels good under my thumbs; I missed the tactile feeling of physical keys while using the BlackBerry Z10 for almost a year.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    12-21-13 01:52 AM
    I've used both the BlackBerry 9900 for almost 3 years now and the q5 for about a month now. I suggest you buy an Android or IOS device as I have realised:

1. BlackBerry has given up on the hardest business.

2. The ecosystem is bad in terms of both apps and supporting hardware like cases, accessories and peripherals like the Pebble watch.

3. The BBX os seems to be designed in a way that makes me feel that the designer made it with the sole motive of sabotaging the companies fortunes. There are some features that make me wonder, like the logic behind having apps run as a program and not go headless or hidden??? Beats me as an observer of the industry. With thresholds like this it makes it more difficult for developers to get a good app going. So why would I want to discourage an independent app developer if I want my app store to have more apps in them. Beats me.

With an iPhone I have a million cases to choose from, a million apps to choose from and a million accessories to choose from. I can control stuff in my BMW or my Range Rover from my Iphone. Companies are happy to work with apple and gives you a better feeling when you have so many people behind such a product.
    Dont even know if the company nn is going to survive till next Christmas.

Merry Christmas!!

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 10:06 PM
    I've used both the BlackBerry 9900 for almost 3 years now and the q5 for about a month now. I suggest you buy an Android or IOS device as I have realised:

Which part of not asking me to move to Android or iPhone did you not understand?

I am not someone who searches for apps to kill his day on the phone. My Curve 9320 is working fine for me with instant emailing from my companys' server which I set up. Axigen mail server and IMAP works fine for me and I am always in touch. My gf has iPhone and she loves it. I bought the first HTC Hero and was uterly dissapointed at the end. Who cares about cases? Just people who only want to look cool because they have the latest 'Apple' product. Personally I don't have a problem with either devices but since with BB I am more than happy with all which I do (I am not a person who socializes all the time posting every second to FB {Oh Look Just Walked Out My Flat... Oh Look Just Entered the Elevator}.... No offense to anyone but there are people who use phones because they want to do their jobs instantly and there are people who use phones to play and socialize all the time. I want my "****" done when I want it.

The only reason why as ou say "companies are happy to work with apple" is because of the market trend where most seem to believe that Apple is the ultimate phone. Wow! Good for you.

If you want Android go to Android Central
    If you want iPhone go to iMore central
    If you mean business then stick to Crackberry!

Merry Christmas!
    Mioedwitnir, bigjman and loyalIND like this.
    12-27-13 04:14 AM