How is the build quality stand up after many months of use?

Is the Q5 durable and have a lot of longevity?

Is there any weight to the connectivity issues I keep hearing about?

Thanks in advance for your replies

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    10-04-14 06:34 AM
    The q5 is a really good phone at an extremely reasonable price, my answer is positive to all your questions ( I don't have my own q5, I asked few of my friends, they have the device) !

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 07:35 AM
    I have been using a Q5 for the last 7 months.
    The build quality is good.
    I have been using the phone naked since day one so there scratches on the back (very normal)
    I don't face any connectivity issues really.
    10-04-14 07:46 AM
    I have been using the phone naked since day one so there scratches on the back (very normal)
    Do you have a 10.3 leak installed ?

sent from my STL100-1 with 10.3.0.1154 with the radio from 10.3.0.699
    10-04-14 07:46 AM
    I have a couple of dings where I dropped it on pavement without a case. Also, I've been using the official soft case from BlackBerry and it has produced some scratches/marks on the back of the phone - so I'm going naked mostly now. I type quite a bit on it and there is no wearing on the keys at all. The screen has not a single scratch on it.

I have no connection problems. No real problems or concerns about the device at all. I'm ok with the build quality. I've seen much worse on higher priced phones.

I have the Pure Red colour and it attracts attention. I'm pleased and have no regrets about the device.
    10-04-14 08:41 AM
    Thank you everybody for making this a painless decision. I will keep using my z10 with 10.3 and my wife will lover her q5. I! Going to load 10.3 on it as soon as I get home she agrees she could never go back to 10.2.1 lol

anon(5597702) likes this.
    10-04-14 09:38 AM
    Do you have a 10.3 leak installed ?

No don't have the 10.3 leak. Not a leaks person, stick with the official updates.
    10-04-14 10:44 AM
    Had bought mine last year November.. so I'm approaching the 12 month mark... here's a picture of it a couple weeks after I bought it...
    Questions for honest Q5 owners: Build quality, etc.-u3emz-yllfrlagizlmjgjp5-lfi-.jpg-large.png

And here's how it is now...

Questions for honest Q5 owners: Build quality, etc.-fullsizerender.jpg

Still looks new and I use it everyday. Great investment imo. Sometimes I do wish I had a better camera and maybe I slightly bigger screen though.

Looking to pick up a Q10 when the prices drop even further down.

Posted via CB10 on Blackberry Q5
    syah iejam likes this.
    10-04-14 02:32 PM
    I've had my Q5 for about 7 months and have never had any connectivity issues.

Regarding the build quality the Q5 is tougher than people think. It may be made of plastic but it's durable. I've never had any protective case on mine but I've dropped it about 4 times and the only damage it sustained were marks to the plastic below the keyboard (no damage to the screen or keyboard thankfully).

I actually think having the battery non-removable makes the Q5 stronger. In the past when I've dropped phones (yes I'm clumsy) the back cover and battery normally come flying out.
    10-04-14 03:35 PM
    Have you all noticed some dust collecting under the screen after all these month of usage? You can check this best with a flash light and lighting your screen from the side. If not, where do you put your device while on the go?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 08:12 PM
    Have had mine for a year, absolutely zero issues!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 10:25 PM
    It's a great phone, the only issue is the microSD and sim cover. It's a bit loose, I put a case to hide it from my sight; beside that the lock button is very stiff. But the rest is all great. With some luck you can get a brand new one for 120 $.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 01:06 AM
    My mom has been using her Q5 for about seven months also, without case. We recently travel to Asia and it worked with a local sim. Looks brand new. I like the tactile of that keyboard.

Using Passport and Z10
    10-05-14 01:22 AM
    I use both Q5 and Z10. If only the memory is as big as Z10 and I could cramp in more apps, then I would say Q5 is better than Z10. Other then the memory is small, it's one of the best phone I ever owned.

Posted Via CB10 on my Z10
    10-05-14 01:25 AM
    I know there have been a lot of reviews already but felt like giving mine anyway

I've had my Q5 for 13 months, the battery life still lasts easily 1 day. Sometimes I squeeze 2 days out of it with light use. Build quality is great. Have had NO typing / screen / sound issues with it. I would definatly recommend it to anyone looking for a budget BlackBerry 10 handset. The camera is alright. It does the job but definatly not going to break any records

I'm sure I'll be keeping mine for 3 years till another budget qwerty device gets released. Purchased it for $249 so I feel I've gotten a fantastic deal on it
    10-05-14 03:12 PM
    Aside from being a practical phone with BB10 and great specs, this phone is very sturdy. Might not feel like it but I only have that BlackBerry plastic case in it and it has taken a beating, still no problems. My year old boy sometimes gets his hands on it, slams it, drools, bites it and still no side effects to it. So yea, very well built.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 04:09 PM
    Update: my wife has now had her new q5 for a day AnD a half and coming from a z10 she is absolutely enamoured by this little device. We got it for 179.99 Canadian at future shop it was a telus prepaid phone so we just popped in the koodo Sim and were upnamd running !

I've never seen my wife so giddy about a phone before !

dusdal likes this.
    10-05-14 06:23 PM
    Update: my wife has now had her new q5 for a day AnD a half and coming from a z10 she is absolutely enamoured by this little device. We got it for 179.99 Canadian at future shop it was a telus prepaid phone so we just popped in the koodo Sim and were upnamd running !

I've never seen my wife so giddy about a phone before !

Nice
    10-05-14 10:22 PM
    All good here... jus that it's slippery in the hand..no connectivity issues whatsoever..battery is jus awsome..using 10.3 on it makes it superawsome

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 02:05 AM
    I got my Q5 in Feb this year and used with AMZER cover and it caused some problem with the lock button and scratches on the body. I am using it naked since then.

Never had any connectivity issues, except the scratches caused by the cover, my phone still looks good. Had a bit of problem with the battery but it was back to normal after a week.
    10-06-14 02:42 AM
    Bought a q5 from koodo for 150 new, love it. I have purchased 2 others used for about 90 each and have given them to family. All have light soft cases and have been dropped many times. All very good. Too good really for the price.
    10-06-14 03:23 PM
    How is the build quality stand up after many months of use?
    Is the Q5 durable and have a lot of longevity?
    Is there any weight to the connectivity issues I keep hearing about?
    Thanks in advance for your replies

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    Build quality is what you'd expect from a budget device. I don't have a case on my Q5 and just keep in my front pocket and so far no scratches yet. I've dropped it once screen face first and no scratch on the screen (must have gotten lucky)
    I'm not a heavy user (just work email and BBM) so I haven't rubbed off my keyboard yet. However the first Q5 I received had a defective keyboard. The P button was stuck so each time you hit P you get about 4 or 5 of them typed. The replacement phone had no problems and it has been a year now. One thing to note though is the sim card flap or cover (I switch between a Z10 and the Q5) I can see if wear down over time if you constantly open and close it.

Connectivity issues - I'm thinking this could be carrier dependent as well but I did notice that my Z10 can pick up a signal when I'm down in our server room but the Q5 struggles to maintain a connection.
    10-07-14 06:28 PM
    After a bit more then a year, I'm only having a slight issue with the space bar. It lost that touch. Probably is because i tend to use it on the very right side but still an issue. Now I must press space more to the center or even with my left thumb.

I have to say that It fell down a couple of times but no serious damage received, altough one was quite a hard crash. Device feels strong.

Screen is like the first day and battery too. I can stay 2 days without charging but with all the updates and different daily usage, not sure if battery works as if it was new.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 02:46 AM
    just got the pink Q5 this week. primary phone is my Q10, but im really LOVING the fit in my hand and the keyboard is so much better than my Q10. feels great, runs super fast w the 10.3.1.1016 blitz, and i couldnt be happier w it. almost prefer it to my Q10, tho i love that phone to hell too. great great phone. would never consider it a low end bb.
    11-07-14 03:58 PM
    Hi bought my Q 5 last september with Blackberry hard shell case made it less slippery but still managed to drop it but not a mark on phone case saved it, as for build quality no problems so far, very good battery life and key board is ok but not a match for my 9900, over all for the price i paid a good buy.
    11-08-14 10:52 AM
42 12