Can the Q5 front screen be taken off? So its just the back digitizer alone instead of it all together? I need to clean the back screen so much dirt/dust under on the back one..:/
    06-14-14 08:22 AM
    A student in my class broke her Q5, unfortunately. She had her phone repaired by one of those generic phone repair shops, I'm not allowed to say what kind (forum rules). She said it was relatively cheap and I inspected her smartphone myself. (I'm against any intrusive tampering of devices) Everything looked fine I was surprised. You can do that, or risk damaging your device by doing it yourself. A person can usually replace/clean screens at these supposed shops. I assume your from the UK, I have no idea what your options are based on your location.
    James97 likes this.
    06-14-14 10:36 AM
    But how could you take it from the digitizer, it wouldnt reattach would it?:/
    06-14-14 03:10 PM
    LCD is not glued to digitizer, HOWEVER the plastic frame(housing) is glued (not epoxy) to the digitizer and the LCD is trapped between them freely.
    i broke my plastic frame(its very thin around the screen) opening the digitizer.

Heres how it can be done :
    1- Disassemble the phone (couple videos available on youtube)
    2- using a prying tool (or very thin plastic card), start tearing through the glue from the from around the front of the screen.
    note: do this by sliding the tool around the opening and dont pry it hard or the plastic will break (funny cuz it is weaker than the digitizer itself)
    3- the LCD will be stuck to the digitizer or it could stay behind (so be careful it might fall out and break)
    4- clean the screen with air(blowing ) then with a very smooth screen/glass wiping cloth. (if you apply even moderate pressure while cleaning, you WILL scratch the digitizer/screen)
    06-22-14 08:49 AM
    LCD is not glued to digitizer, HOWEVER the plastic frame(housing) is glued (not epoxy) to the digitizer and the LCD is trapped between them freely.
    i broke my plastic frame(its very thin around the screen) opening the digitizer.

Heres how it can be done :
    1- Disassemble the phone (couple videos available on youtube)
    2- using a prying tool (or very thin plastic card), start tearing through the glue from the from around the front of the screen.
    note: do this by sliding the tool around the opening and dont pry it hard or the plastic will break (funny cuz it is weaker than the digitizer itself)
    3- the LCD will be stuck to the digitizer or it could stay behind (so be careful it might fall out and break)
    4- clean the screen with air(blowing ) then with a very smooth screen/glass wiping cloth. (if you apply even moderate pressure while cleaning, you WILL scratch the digitizer/screen)
    That would explain the dust problem, then.

Been thinking of selling my red Q5 if the Q10 I've ordered doesn't turn out to be a lemon, but the dust under the screen makes it look a lot worse off than it is.
    07-01-14 06:59 AM